Quantcast

slipstreaming question

Grimey2

Chimp
Feb 26, 2005
I need to re-install windows on my machine. I have already slipstreamed sp1/2 and updates on the cd. I remember being able to slipstream the cd key onto the disc so I won't need to re-enter it when I install it. I am trying to make a more automated recovery cd.

Grimey2

Chimp
Feb 26, 2005
How do I slipstream the cd key?

I thought I read it was possible, just can't find the article. Sorry for the weird wording, I didn't want to come across as pirating stuff.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Grimey2 said:
How do I slipstream the cd key?

I thought I read it was possible, just can't find the article. Sorry for the weird wording, I didn't want to come across as pirating stuff.
Pirating whatever. I have no moral qualms about screwing over MicroFlop. :nuts:

I have a copy of Windows 2K AS I did that with. But it involved some hacking of one of the setup files - no cd key and unlimted seats. Do a search on "unlocking setupp.ini". But you'll have to flip a bird at MS while your doing this or you're not worthy ;) Good luck.

Edit: Grimey, something to note here (a quote from one of my searches): "Note that this does NOT get rid of WinXP's activation. Changing the Pid to a Volume License will not bypass activation. You must have a volume license (corporate) key to do so." So all this maybe for not. Win2K doesn't have activation so it's do-able for my AS copy...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
d-sop said:
wats slipstream? phrase ive enver heard.
He is refering to taking the original Windows installer files and setting up a new install CD that already has the Service Packs installed when you do a fresh install of Windows.