Quantcast

Slopestyle / Jump features

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Diablo needs more top-to-buttom runs and generally more fun features on the bottom 1/3 of the mountain (loose fireroad ftl).

i vote for more dirt features like solid berms and larger jumps of any type. Wood gets old the 25th time you hit it, but dirt usually stays interesting the faster you hit it.

Kids' size slopestyle features would be bogus, and I bet George is the only guy reading this board who could ride a real slopestyle course.

-r

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
well when i was teaching george about everything he knows how to do on a bike, i was ripping it up on dominion. jk but whistler slopestyle course is way bigger than any of you think it is, its actually pretty freakin huge.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Yep.. when you ride the lift up at Whistler you notice that less than 1% of the riders on the mountain each day are hitting any of the Rampage course. It's almost always a ghost town, while A-Line is as crowded as the West Side highway.

well when i was teaching george about everything he knows how to do on a bike, i was ripping it up on dominion. jk but whistler slopestyle course is way bigger than any of you think it is, its actually pretty freakin huge.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore

yeah man.. it's scary even looking at it from the lift..

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yeah when you see it in videos your like o wow i might try that but when you actually see it you poo. The only thing i did in the bone yard was the hip into that huge step down to step up. the smaller step up box and the dj section. and those were actually very big. RTN is about the size of the first elevation jump.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
yeah when you see it in videos your like o wow i might try that but when you actually see it you poo. The only thing i did in the bone yard was the hip into that huge step down to step up. the smaller step up box and the dj section. and those were actually very big. RTN is about the size of the first elevation jump.
joey why do i doubt you did the dj section? cuz if it was anything like it was 2 seasons ago, those jumps were beyond huge over on the right side and if i remember correctly closed off too

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i smell bull****, especially judging by the size of ur set in ur yard.

*do not start diabloforumrants *

mike91dhMTX

Chimp
Apr 7, 2008
Franklin Lakes
haha i like the pic psp put up, i think some nice doubles whould be cool, afew drops, and then on the side something tecnical, a lil of everything, whould work out for alot of people

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I agree with the not going overboard. I have seen a couple of vids/pics of some hidden dirt trails, drooled over them for weeks, not only to show up and find that their "beginner" line is 7 foot high 60 degree lips with 18-20 foot gaps. It always looks bigger in person.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Go ride around in the woods at Highland Mountain. That place is small, but they've got a ton of cool sections where a man-made obstacle leads into a natural feature and vice versa.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Go ride around in the woods at Highland Mountain. That place is small, but they've got a ton of cool sections where a man-made obstacle leads into a natural feature and vice versa.
i want to go there so bad...it's a long drive from pa though...:plthumbsdown:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
joey why do i doubt you did the dj section? cuz if it was anything like it was 2 seasons ago, those jumps were beyond huge over on the right side and if i remember correctly closed off too
i am talking about the ones in the middle by the giro box, not the elevation, and justin:plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown::plthumbsdown:

dkis

Chimp
Feb 9, 2007
Southington, CT
diablo definately needs some larger drops. for example the new drop at highland looks sick as hell. diablo needs to make some 10+ foot drops!!! I WOULD GO CRAZY!! woot!!!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
my idea of a really good slopestyle feature would be a lexan radius kicker over a motor boat filled with monkeys eating cotton candy onto a landing made of astro turf with motion sensored fireworks to launch as soon as you land.

MJ is that you ?

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
my idea of a really good slopestyle feature would be a lexan radius kicker over a motor boat filled with monkeys eating cotton candy onto a landing made of astro turf with motion sensored fireworks to launch as soon as you land.
mini-mac likes going out with a huge scene eh? I like your style. Hope your e.13 bashguard can protect you from fireworks that accidentally head towards your ride when you land :biggrin: