Quantcast

Small M1 TT length?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Any idea what the Top Tube length is on a Small M1?

Intense's website doesn't list older frame specs anymore.

I am 5' 11" but like my bike small. (i.e. medium Scream, Chappie, Bullit, Spider.)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Get a medium. M1's fit small IMO. I'm 5'10" and my medium is cramped at times, so you'd feel at home prolly.

I "think" mine is 22" or so, but it seems to fit smaller cause the seat has to be slid forward to avoid being eaten by thr rear tire.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd say I like smaller bike and am very happy with the size of the M1.
I run the 50mm direct stem on a SuperT and a Thmpson seatpost(to give you and idea of the actual cockpit size). I don't think a layback seatpost wouldn't do well on an M1 bacause of the exaggerated seat tube angle.

I rode a 16" Azonic DS1 for XC for a while and thought the top tube was too long, so yeah I do like small bikes ;)

btw, your avatar cracks me up every time I see it!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
6ft here. Medium M1. Fits smallish. Feels very whippable. Love it.

I don't like these small medium large frames. Throws everything off (like one companies small runs large) type thing.

Plus with the way the seat-tube is placed if you raise the seat it brings it back more, making it more slack. That has been what I have had to do to make it fit better. Through all ball dropping stuff is seat down, if it's a trail to pedal on I'll raise it up a little bit to get better position while pedaling if I am sitting. Overall though a Medium will probably suit you fine.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Jesus said:
But the one i'm interested in is a Small!

Don't say such evil, evil things.
The small has less travel too! 8.75" instead of 9" You'll die for sure:p

Honestly I'd look at a recoil or SGS. Same design with less expense and hassle. If you have send your bike in for any reason only god can help you :mumble:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
True dat!

I think the Iron Horse bikes are the best bang for the buck. Hell the frames aren't different just the shocks, and at $1899 or whatever the entry level one is you could part the damm thing out and the frame would cost almost nothing, plus you get 1.5 headtube, FSR 4 bar, and if you needed some parts they'd be there.

If for some dumb reason there become less and less 4 bar bikes out there an Iron Horse sticks with it, I'd pick one up no questions asked. Solid bikes.

I too was going to get a small. Thank god I test rode one because as small as the Med. is I wouldn't want anything smaller. I was amazed at how well it fit. Med for my height fit like a glove. It was like showing a fat kind candy. I had to have one!

I just learned my lesson from buying used equipment. Next time I'll by the frame brand new (was a pain in the butt to get all the parts, now I got all the parts that's the easy one).

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Iron Horse will be going to the DW link design for the DH bike, I don't know about the freeride bike though.

Norco will still be an alternative, as well as the Azonic Recoil, and Devinci (if we could get them here)

I'm hoping the production Turner Highline is as sweet as its been hyped to be.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
The IH is a nice bike, and the price is VERY reasonable. BUt I am just gonna be trading my Chappie frame for the M1, so the price is prefect!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Well, looks like I just sealed the deal. I 'm getting the small M1 with a Ti
Avy. The guy i'm getting it from said it is comprable to his medium bullit, which is what I rode.

Plus since it is a 550 lb spring, it just might be set up for my weight.

Nice...