Quantcast

small snow season!

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i heard that the snow in mammoth has not been that great and with the rain these past few days i have had friends telling me it is making the snow melt o well that just means more bike time on the mountain during the bike season

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Unfortunately I don't think a crappy winter will result in a longer bike season. They seem to open and close for us mountain bikers on set dates. Probably insurance related. Could have more trails open for the start of the season though..

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thats good news! Its been raining hard and its so windy here. We have a 30' long x 11' tent thing (w/ a steel tubing frame) to store stuff under. Last night the 30 mph winds blew it over our 6' fence. In morro bay at morro strand beach, the sewer is overflowing.

The snow season is finially getting a good start.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thats good news! Its been raining hard and its so windy here. We have a 30' long x 11' tent thing (w/ a steel tubing frame) to store stuff under. Last night the 30 mph winds blew it over our 6' fence. In morro bay at morro strand beach, the sewer is overflowing.

The snow season is finially getting a good start.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
amateur said:
Stay in school kids. 45" of snow last night and an avalanche that closed the road between Mammoth and Bishop.
That's news to me. People don't understand that Mammoth always gets snow--even when Mountain High and Big Bear's conditions are terrible.

Since the U.S. Nationals were moved to July, I bet there will still be a lot snow on the mountain...