Quantcast

Smaller grips for kids?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Any recommendations on grips for kids bikes! Something shorter, rubber end and small diameter but with a bit of squish?
Thanks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure how the skinny ESI grips compare to other push on's.

edit: but not durable if there's crashing going on :)

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Is the length the issue?

This are 100mm

and ODI has ruffians and van waffle in 130mm

Yes no maybe so?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not sure how the skinny ESI grips compare to other push on's.

edit: but not durable if there's crashing going on :)
Yeah I got those and they suck for my adult hands. They make several different "smaller" sizes. I like their tapered ones, not the smaller straight ones.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
The Protaper grips and bar are smaller diameter and the best I’ve seen for kids. My friend is a PM for kids bikes and I saw these on her desk the other day.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The Protaper grips and bar are smaller diameter and the best I’ve seen for kids. My friend is a PM for kids bikes and I saw these on her desk the other day.

I know those exist for moto but I thought they were for a narrower diameter bar...

But yeah, be aware of that stuff too. I just wasn't sure if that needed to be the normal 7/8 diameter or not

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I know those exist for moto but I thought they were for a narrower diameter bar...

But yeah, be aware of that stuff too. I just wasn't sure if that needed to be the normal 7/8 diameter or not
At the grips it’s a smaller diameter but the clamp is 31.8.
For little hands this seems like the best setup. I haven’t seen the moto one.

IMG_2840.jpeg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Trying not to replace the bar as well. He seems ok with the diameter as it sits.

I remember massive bmx grips as a kid :)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I remember the Kevlar Renthal grips as being annoyingly thin but still having some squish.
They seemed to last well for how soft they were.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Got these for Haley a few years back and it was a notable difference in how she could ride offroad.