Quantcast

Snakeonia video

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
Ya, we changed our access policy, registration is required to view full size media. The site is still free, however, we feel registration is a fair trade to access the content. It takes quite a bit of work to produce the media on the site.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
marz said:
Ya, we changed our access policy, registration is required to view full size media. The site is still free, however, we feel registration is a fair trade to access the content. It takes quite a bit of work to produce the media on the site.
The full size? I cant find any that I can watch. Its ok I guess, I've been there.

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
dwaugh said:
The full size? I cant find any that I can watch. Its ok I guess, I've been there.
"Full size" was unclear, the thumbnails are accessable without registration, but the actual video files and full size still images are not.

--Superslow: That was my first trip to the Snake and apparently we went on a new "lower" section.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
That was the Newer Lower section Asa and Superslow, its the section with the Logride,Poopchute and Gapjump near the bottom....you should ride it if you havent. Its not really new, just newer than the other lower section. Thanks for coming out Asa, that was a blast. :thumb:

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
marz said:
I tried to register, but never got an email confirmation..

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
Guntruck said:
Please don't direct link to files on my webserver. I leave the ability to access the file outside of PHP so that visitors can right click on the movie and save it. I don't want to lock the gallery down further than it is but I will do so if I see more direct linking. You're facilitating viewing the work without registration, which as I stated eariler in this thread, is a reasonable trade for the work that goes into producing the content of the site.

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
Yeknomedir said:
Damnit I want to view it only when I click on it, it just sits there with a quicktime logo?
It's a big file (17Mb), just leave the window open and it will load, when it's done loading you can right click on the video to save it to your hard drive.

I'll see if I can set up a download section in the gallery with .zip files of the videos, that would allow downloading instead of streaming.

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
mplutodh1 said:
It's been sitting there with the x'd out quicktime logo for a while.. I highly doubt my connection is that slow...
OK, I just checked out the file on my Mac and a PC here at the Lab both machines streamed the file no problem. I was using firefox for my web browser. The broken quicktime icon might mean that you have an old version of quicktime? Or, that the quicktime plugin is not installed in the browser you are using. IE seems to have that problem quite often.

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
OK, tracked the problem down. Big surprise it's Internet exploder....er, explorer. The stream works fine with Quicktime 6.5.1 and Firefox on winXP but does not work with IE. There may be a htaccess issue so I'll do a bit of tweaking but for the time being get Firefox to view the video (besides, Firefox will block popups, is immune to all the IE specific virus crap out there, and has appearence themes if ya like that sort of thing).

Edit:

Well, it appears to be an htaccess issue. IE is to stupid to deal with Apache sending a directory specific htaccess command when a video is streamed. I've inactivated the htaccess file for media gallery albums and everything appears to work fine in IE. I'll be posting .zip files of the movies to the site and reactivating the htaccess commands because among other things they stop direct linking to files in the media gallery.

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
marz said:
Please don't direct link to files on my webserver. I leave the ability to access the file outside of PHP so that visitors can right click on the movie and save it. I don't want to lock the gallery down further than it is but I will do so if I see more direct linking. You're facilitating viewing the work without registration, which as I stated eariler in this thread, is a reasonable trade for the work that goes into producing the content of the site.
Sorry man but your site is a huge pain to register for espically when using Firefox. Plus, when I watched the video you couldnt download the video hence why I stole it from your source. Anyway, what does all the reigistering do for you anyway? You going to sell our addressses? I cant wait to get MORE junk mail.

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
Guntruck said:
Sorry man but your site is a huge pain to register for espically when using Firefox. Plus, when I watched the video you couldnt download the video hence why I stole it from your source. Anyway, what does all the reigistering do for you anyway? You going to sell our addressses? I cant wait to get MORE junk mail.
I'm not sure what eacatly is painful with firefox when you register at the site. I use firefox on my Macs and my PCs and don't see any difference in the registration process between Firefox and IE on the PC. You can download the video, just right click on it and save as when it's done streaming. I'm in the process of putting up .zip files of the movies to make them available for folks who don't want to stream them. As for the email addys collected during registration, unless you you have a couple hundred thousand valid email addresses you're not gona get jack sh** for them, so no they aren't gona get sold and wouldn't be sold even if I had 200,000 members.

Teague

Chimp
May 31, 2002
Olympia WA
just wondering if there was any way to get past the fact that the registration bit won't accept an email address ending in @u.washington.edu as a valid address?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i have to make it out to that trail next season :thumb: . and not with a hardtail, as the fully riders looked to be much more comfortable.

also, teague check your PMs

marz

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
Spokangeles
Teague said:
just wondering if there was any way to get past the fact that the registration bit won't accept an email address ending in @u.washington.edu as a valid address?
Good question, thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Toshi said:
i have to make it out to that trail next season :thumb: . and not with a hardtail, as the fully riders looked to be much more comfortable.

also, teague check your PMs

You can ride it on a hardtail no problem, just looks rough in the video cause that guy is a hack... :rolleyes: haha

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
the trail is rideable most of the winter, steep hill, water runs off fast.

BTW I am on the yeti dh9 in the video.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
joelsman said:
the trail is rideable most of the winter, steep hill, water runs off fast.

BTW I am on the yeti dh9 in the video.
Ohhhh...Mr Modest :nuts: :devil: hahaha, we should have all wore signs with our names! lol

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Great vid guys. Mark has been bugging me for a long time about getting up there.
Are you all planning on getting back down to Smackdown and the "other" trails in that area? Seems like you've stopped working there. It was nice to have something closer with the same vibe.
I'm assuming Duane is still cool with you building out there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
AA_Freeze said:
You can ride it on a hardtail no problem, just looks rough in the video cause that guy is a hack... :rolleyes: haha
i've been there. i sported a evil with a Z1 up front for the first 2/3rds of this season, and it was fun but ultimately more painful... so i give you props and the :nope: simultaneously

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
Nice video. I've been wanting to try that trail for a while now, I think I even know how to find it too. It's good to know that it's a year-round trail. When my V-tach is ready I'll have to go hit it.