Quantcast

Snappage!!!!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Please be careful, and replace parts before they break if you can!
One of the riders in my town died after he overshot a jump and his bars snapped.
Equipment failure can be very dangerous.

Oct 11, 2010
Hey guys.

I've break 2 handlebars, 2 frames, fork and finally my crank snapped.. and also cracked 2 frames, it's getting lame..

Am I the only one who is braking parts like this?

I Hope you enjoy.. because I'm not! haha

having fun. on Vimeo

Untitled on Vimeo

cheers.

http://vimeo.com/anton
Actually no....My 275lb 6'6" room mate brings home his bike all Fked up at least once a week...but hes just commuting....and its a big ass Giant..but he is ALSO a big ass giant hahaha

antonioz

Monkey
Apr 24, 2009
Please be careful, and replace parts before they break if you can!
One of the riders in my town died after he overshot a jump and his bars snapped.
Equipment failure can be very dangerous.
That's right..Weight doesn't matter anymore, it's the strength!

I'll be careful, thanks bud!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
That's right..Weight doesn't matter anymore, it's the strength!
I'll be careful, thanks bud!
Right on! A big strong dude like you doesn't need to be a weight weenie! :thumb:
I watched a good friend of mine snap his XLT Slam bars once, it cost him a trip to the hospital to stitch up a big gash in his arm. He buys the heavier ones now! :thumb:
I definitely want to see your career grow, you have a great attitude and your skills are going up really fast.
Keep on shredding!

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
everything has been said basically.. light weight = less material = higher snappage
I hate that unconfident feeling that some part might snap any minute when riding a light bike. Sometimes it distracts me that much that my riding goes below average (and it's already at a low level lol). I've had bad experiences with light cranks, light tyres, light rims, light sprockets and so on. 2 months ago I got a 510HX chain, and just the look of it scared me out, I'm used to really fat chains. Few weeks later it was still holding up though and the uneasy feeling was fading away; only to find it failing on me while engaging hard, ending in a nice faceplant. f**k that, I'm back to Wippermans now and although it might well be twice the weight, the feeling of security it gives is worth it.