Quantcast

Snowboard question

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
A bit of a tangent, but have any of you had time of the Custom X and the Custom?

I've always been on a Custom, but since I'm pretty much into carving groomers and ducking into the woods, I'm thinking the Custom X might be a worthwhile replacement this winter. I don't ride switch, I don't do park, and I don't ever care to leave the ground; I just like riding fast. Is the Custom X so much stiffer I'll regret it in the woods or when we get the occassional good storm, or is it just stiff enough to complement going fast without being too rigid?

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
i have spent alot of time on both.

your style leands its self to the custom x for sure. The first time i rode the x, i stated that it was my fav board i ever put my feet on.

It RIPS. So much fun. The pop in and out of turns, the control, precision, and speed...... Its so much fun. It was pretty good in the pow as its light as can be for a wood core. The base is so fast. It has the best wood core, base, edges, hardglass and stringers that you can buy. Its an expensive board, but if you can swing it you will not regert the decision one bit.

A bit of a tangent, but have any of you had time of the Custom X and the Custom?

I've always been on a Custom, but since I'm pretty much into carving groomers and ducking into the woods, I'm thinking the Custom X might be a worthwhile replacement this winter. I don't ride switch, I don't do park, and I don't ever care to leave the ground; I just like riding fast. Is the Custom X so much stiffer I'll regret it in the woods or when we get the occassional good storm, or is it just stiff enough to complement going fast without being too rigid?

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
My assessment having done both, if you're over 25 try skiing. Kids snowboard, adults ski. Any trip to the slopes will be easy to notice. Boarding was huge, but boarding's become a young teen thing.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

My cousin is a 50 year old hematologist, and I taught him how to snowboard last year. He likes it as much if not more than skiing, and switches between both almost daily like I do.

Hating on snowboards is a very early 90's thing to do man. I have to say, I run into a lot of people like you over the course of the season, but thankfully your numbers are dwindling.

I know everyone who truly loves being on the snow will back me up on this:

If you're an "adult" when you put sticks on your feet and slide down a mountain, you're doing it wrong!