Quantcast

***Snowing on a Wednesday, GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey how ya doin

got excited about a potential career path at my new company that might lead me away from the bench and into a more office based role. could play on my strengths and get me out of my comfort zone, which could be a challenge but could also be a great fit for me.

I go home and tell my wife and she says "Are you sure? I mean that kind of roles requires a lot of accountability, and you always try to blame other people"

GREAT THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE, DEAR.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yes. i shitposted seconds after you shitposted, and then merged our terrible threads seconds after you deleted yours. so, in halloween tradition, I resurrected yours.

it's a wacky wednesday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wanted to go sledding before work, miserly 4-5" of snow at ours won't work for that...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No Halloween reference in the thread title? Now I am sad.

I ran circles around the high school track at 5:30 this morning for an hour in 29 degree temps, like a jackass.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Awoken by a rooster crowing this morning. Cock-a-doodle-doo, mother scratchers. Big day of business strategery and taco eating on deck.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Snow. Not looking forward to cold trick or treating. At least I'll have salted caramel vodka and apple cider to keep me warm.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dumping rain here. Should make tonights ride........interesting.

Last nights ride was perfect, as far as fall night time rides go. Trails had a mix of almost-but-not-quite hero dirt, slippery corners, leaf surfing and tons of roots. We rode some of the tighter and rooty trails. We were all grinning ear to ear. What a blast.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Head splitting hangover is splitting my head. Belgian tripels are good/not good session beverages. Also, total chaos in Boston today because this:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Stopped in KY last night to visit an old friend and had way too much beer and BBQ. Good times none the less. Onto Nashville we go!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wfh at the moment, but have to head into the office shortly. it's pissing rain and just one degree above freezing. it's going to be a not fun ride. maybe I need Danny Mac's monocle rain suit:
on second thought :no:
I have a buddy who's a postie, and they just went on strike. I bet he's going to love the picket line today. :flood:

I hope it doesn't affect his ability to join us in Ecuador in 1.3 weeks. :hmm:

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We got but a wee bit of snow overnight. Basically frost on roofs and the grass. I'm working from Colorado Center today, which means Thai for lunch and me going to grab Thai takeout for the family's dinner (and my lunch on Friday).

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hey how ya doin

got excited about a potential career path at my new company that might lead me away from the bench and into a more office based role. could play on my strengths and get me out of my comfort zone, which could be a challenge but could also be a great fit for me.

I go home and tell my wife and she says "Are you sure? I mean that kind of roles requires a lot of accountability, and you always try to blame other people"

GREAT THANKS FOR THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE, DEAR.
she's not wrong

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Getting the internet to work in this place has been an adventure... the modem is on the roof and there are cables running everywhere to various routers and whatnot in each of the apartments. We sorted out that the cable going into our apartment/condominio was faulty, so now we're tethered to the apartment below ours. But the crack in the window wasn't quite wide enough to shimmy the head of the ethernet cable through, so the super just pulled out a screwdriver and broke some glass. NBD... let's just run this indoor cable outside in the monsoons, and run it through a jagged broken glass window. I'm sure it's fine.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
My wife had to call the fire dept. this morning because of a huge plume of black smoke coming out of the woods behind our house. In under an hour, one of my neighbors house's was leveled flat. Hope no one was home or injured. Not a good way to start your day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
adventures in parenting....

son woke up this morning saying he was sick. got him to say his stomach hurt. asked him if hungry/thirsy...... no. wife and i then deduced he hadn't dropped a deuce in 3-4 days. one suppository and ten minutes later we were presented with a dump the size of which a 3 1/2 year old should not be taking. at least he didn't wind up impacted, which is a relief (and a dodged trip to the hospital).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Getting the internet to work in this place has been an adventure... the modem is on the roof and there are cables running everywhere to various routers and whatnot in each of the apartments. We sorted out that the cable going into our apartment/condominio was faulty, so now we're tethered to the apartment below ours. But the crack in the window wasn't quite wide enough to shimmy the head of the ethernet cable through, so the super just pulled out a screwdriver and broke some glass. NBD... let's just run this indoor cable outside in the monsoons, and run it through a jagged broken glass window. I'm sure it's fine.

Its yellow......kill it with fire!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

son woke up this morning saying he was sick. got him to say his stomach hurt. asked him if hungry/thirsy...... no. wife and i then deduced he hadn't dropped a deuce in 3-4 days. one suppository and ten minutes later we were presented with a dump the size of which a 3 1/2 year old should not be taking. at least he didn't wind up impacted, which is a relief (and a dodged trip to the hospital).
Thanks for sharing

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Crushed the birthday celebration last nite for my gf's 5 yo. Got her a beta fish & cooked her fav dinner (mac n cheese + chicken nuggets). Did face makeup for the 10 y/o's zombie princess costume, she looks pretty rad. Schools don't allow blood at all in their costumes. WTF?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

it's all your fault

my boss just complimented my ambition. TAKE THAT WIFE

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucking drivers. I was less than 4 block from the house this morning when a fucking red light runner tried to kill me. Second time in the past few days where assholes have ignored the left turn red arrow when the through traffic has a green. I missed the SOB by a foot