Quantcast

Snowmass Pics & Vids

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I am not trying to discredit any of the results and I know video never does justice to the actual terrain but was that course as un-challenging as is looked in the vid? Looks like lungs were a big factor.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Pegboy said:
I am not trying to discredit any of the results and I know video never does justice to the actual terrain but was that course as un-challenging as is looked in the vid? Looks like lungs were a big factor.

Not all courses have to be hard to ride to be good courses. Some courses are hard to ride fast and this is one of them. Nevagal was another, wasen't a hard ourse to ride, but ate people up trying to race it.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Yeah, you can always tell that courses are not that technical when the times are super close, there is just nowhere to make or lose it unless you completely blow it and lose momentum. Alf and the top three semi's were extremely close,(I think within 3 tenths) that can be exciting.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Pegboy said:
Actually it was the exact opposite.. Lungs were useless. I usually get tired but there I thought I could have ridden a second course in a row!!
The key was not being afraid of pinning it and my older bones were kind of against the idea :)
It was all about not touching your brakes (I was more scared there than in Schweitzer)

All together I was not super stoked about the course but I still had a great time (got something like 12 runs on the first day of practice.. I guess I was having some fun :D )
\
PS: thanks for sharing the pics!!!

2young2ride

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
Colorado
Mani_UT your right, whoever didnt touch there brakes throughout that course would of won it. I know that i used to much brake through those switch backs at the top after the road because of those braking bumbs.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
did you camp with chris and tony from albq?

i used to ride with them all the time.

chris has gotten fast. ever time we race together

he is .000003 infront of me!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
I thought the course was quite challenging. Very fast and the breaking bumps were literally the size of 'yer front tire. I think my suspension worked harder on this course than it did at Schweitzer. The fact that the course was so short also made it challenging.