Quantcast

snowshoe and a hardtail?

mistaare

Chimp
Dec 22, 2005
how many of you guys have ridden snow shoe with a hardtail?

im not into bombing down hill but i really enjoy northshore/bridges/ladders, dj, street/park and very technical single track (drop off's under 5 ft :rolleyes: ). i have looked at their website but they dont have very good discriptions of the trails.

what are your thoughts? would it just be a waste of time?

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
I rode there last summer on my HT and it was a great ride. Nothing was out of bounds for it and the ride was more fun because it was a hardtail. Most of the drops out there don't exceed 5ft and you will have alot more fun in the slopestyle course and DS course.

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
I also brought my HT last summer and I had a great time. I second oscer's comments. Only comment I have is arm pump came faster to me on the HT then when I brought my fully later in the season. But go ride your bike, it's fun to see the look on the fully riders faces when you pass them on your HT.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I say its do-able, but chances are you'll have more fun on a fully. Its super rocky, and rooty, and there is almost no such thing as a landing on most of the drops/shore stuff. Oscar, I though I remembered you having some trouble on your hardtail? Maybe I'm wrong.

R

richcreek

i went twice last summer on a hardtail. it was fun. most of it is doable on a hardtail.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have ridden SS on a HT a couple of time now and the "shore" side is a blast on a hardtail. i also did the dh side both times i went and didn't really have a good time because it really just beat me to death.

just go and have fun on a HT because you will have fun for sure. i would requmend atleast 5" in the front though because that is the only thing that is going to let you role over the fairly nasty stuff at the park though. the bike that i rode it on was a fairly choppered out banshee morphine with a tall 6" up front and a 24" rear wheel so the headtube angle was about 64-5 degrees.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Yes, I did run into some trouble the first time I was up there with my HT I wiped out my secound day and broke the piston in my rear brake, then rode a fully the rest of that week then I went up a couple weeks later and had no problem with my HT. In fact I liked my HT better then the fully out there but thats just my Hardtail pride coming out.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
oscerthegrouch said:
Yes, I did run into some trouble the first time I was up there with my HT I wiped out my secound day and broke the piston in my rear brake, then rode a fully the rest of that week then I went up a couple weeks later and had no problem with my HT. In fact I liked my HT better then the fully out there but thats just my Hardtail pride coming out.
Oh, ok solid. You have hardtail pride? I didnt notice....

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
Yea, I actually raced my Chase in the dh race at last years Mayhem in the Mountains weekend, and it was a blast. A tad bit bumpy, but my knees are young enough to take it lol... HT pride fo' sure!