Quantcast

Snowshoe DH race sept. 11-12

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I'm not deciding until the day before. If it's rained at all in the past 3-4 days or has more than a 0% chance of rain I'm not going. I had a miserable time at the National.

Are they using the same course as the National?

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
The expert course used for the nationals is 100% better than it was then. It's packed down, benched out and much faster/smoother. I rode it during one of the wettest weekends at Snowshoe in memory, and it was fine.

Having said that, I'm not sure what courses they are going to run for the Mayhem.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I'm heading up friday. The guy who runs the bike shop told me to come up and help out with trail maintenance and being a race monitor. Camping at silvercreek and wishing I was good enough to race. See ya all up there!!!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
They've told me a few times Dave and a few others that they are going to try to cut their own courses if time permits.

With that said i'm going but not racing as i will just be on my heckler.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
mobius said:
They've told me a few times Dave and a few others that they are going to try to cut their own courses if time permits.
I've been told the same thing by a few people down there. I'll be racing sport, so I really hope they do something different than the NORBA course.

farrell

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
DC
I'll definitly be going. let me know if you want to go in on a place to stay (even though I dont think any of you know me. I prolly talked to some of you, I been at all the races this year, I ride the red and black weyless 67)

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
A new course would be sweet! It sounds like the entire weekend will be a good time, something along the lines of a Noth Shore festival? I'm glad they are keeping the park open, too.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Yeah it'll be fun weekend to close out the park. I will probably be racing if u can register race day since i hope to get my bighit together this coming weekend. Just need a guide plate and im set.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I talked a week or 2 ago with hulkamaniac and he said he and ATrevyn were working around that silly crap in the middle and that if they get it complete, it would be a faster route with more flow. Other than that, I have no idea.

I wasn't planning on going...was planning on heading to Windrock but I think I might go to Snowshoe if I can find a ride from somebody around here????
Any takers?

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
wannabeabonedoc said:
I'm heading up friday. The guy who runs the bike shop told me to come up and help out with trail maintenance and being a race monitor. Camping at silvercreek and wishing I was good enough to race. See ya all up there!!!!
Volunteers typically are provided with free rooms on the mountain. The past 2 years my GF has volunteered and they've put us up in the employee housing next to the general store.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
profro said:
Nuh Uhh!!! The whole reason I wanna go is b/c your entry fee covers you for the freeride park for that weekend too!!! Now THAT is a reason to go if ever I heard one!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
DHanamal said:
Is Morgan switching to 4X/DS fulltime? I noticed you're trying to sell his M1.
His priority is 4x/ds, but likes dh. The reason for the sale is to try something new. The M1 is his first real dh bike and he likes it alot. He wants to try an Orange, Chumba.Just something different. Are you coming to snowshoe?

Chas

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Definetely coming down for Mayhem. Mammoth too, if all goes well...

I assume Morgan is going too. What airport will he be using? I'm going into Sacramento.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
banche said:
i'm there and camping at silvercreek
you suck...I'm poor and got no way to drive there....I'm going to Windrock instead. Nothing against windrock...but I've ridden there plenty and haven't even gotten to hit the freeride park at Snowshoe up yet! :nopity:

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
DHanamal said:
Definetely coming down for Mayhem. Mammoth too, if all goes well...

I assume Morgan is going too. What airport will he be using? I'm going into Sacramento.
He's racing mtx at Mammoth, we will fly into reno , did you buy your tickets yet?
Chas

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
uhhhh... I think we might have space. We're thinking about renting a big ass van. We're planning on leaving midday friday (1 or so) but, as andrew said I think we'd have to leave before the races, especially before the pro/ex races.

Anyone know what the weathers gonna be like?

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
bizutch said:
ah....the bitter "lead him onwitha glimmer of hope..but, nope" response.....sigh...
There must be someway we can work this out. Snowshoes a nice place, you'll just end up being there a little longer than expected since we can't give you a ride home. Or can we? I'm not in charge of this whole thing so if you're serious about trying to go, talk to either TP or CC.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
bradical said:
There must be someway we can work this out. Snowshoes a nice place, you'll just end up being there a little longer than expected since we can't give you a ride home. Or can we? I'm not in charge of this whole thing so if you're serious about trying to go, talk to either TP or CC.
CC, he and his mom planned the whole thing.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
who's CC? If he and his mom would wait for me to do my race run and stuff, I'd be happy to ride with you guys. All I'd have to do is wipe off with a rag and switch out to some jeans and we'd be on the road.I'm so poor and broke, it's not even funny and that's the only way I could afford to go there is if I tag along and split gas. I got a free place to stay but I can't afford to drive my Blazer 6 hours by myself.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
bizutch said:
who's CC? If he and his mom would wait for me to do my race run and stuff, I'd be happy to ride with you guys. All I'd have to do is wipe off with a rag and switch out to some jeans and we'd be on the road.I'm so poor and broke, it's not even funny and that's the only way I could afford to go there is if I tag along and split gas. I got a free place to stay but I can't afford to drive my Blazer 6 hours by myself.
Curiouscaptian01... James, he was there for the shuttle on lake lure. I don't think he's seen this thread so probably just send him a pm. We have school the next day, but the decision will be outa my hands, so contact him and hope for the best. :thumb: