Quantcast

Snowshoe Final photos

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Here are a few shots of the pros towards the start of the course. Just as always the course was long and technically varying. The Snowshoe crew has done an excellent job this year putting on a great race series. Chris Herndon walked alway with a ton of cash for winning 2 out of 3 races (one was canceled due to weather) and took the overall series.

Series Pro top 5:

1. Herndon
2. Josh Clark
3. Jamie Ford
4. John Milby
5. Geritt Beytagh

Jason Beckley took all 3 series dual victories

Probably the best start to a race ever

Missy Goive ran away with the woman's pro field

Geritt

Morewood factory manager and wrench, Andre, competing in the pro field on a Shove XC bike with no chain!

Motomike

Matt Adams

Cody Stanger

Milby

Some random stud

Sinister 9.8 guy

Josh Clark

Jamie Ford

Tim Price (aka Spiderman)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My berm turn must have been too boring to photograph. Off camber grass scares the bugeezus out of me. Only thing that I'm ever really freaked out by on any race course is off camber grass. Zero skill on it.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
My berm turn must have been too boring to photograph. Off camber grass scares the bugeezus out of me. Only thing that I'm ever really freaked out by on any race course is off camber grass. Zero skill on it.
In the July race when that corner was fresh cut and soupy muddy, I got a bit misty eyed thinking back to the Wolf Laurel races and all the off camber grass in them. :P

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
Originally Posted by bizutch My berm turn must have been too boring to photograph. Off camber grass scares the bugeezus out of me. Only thing that I'm ever really freaked out by on any race course is off camber grass. Zero skill on it.
yes finally the man releases his weakness. :banana:

thanks for the pics as always profro and yet again im :banghead: for missing another snowshoe race.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
i used to have the same problem, but i'm sure you've already heard it 100 times before... stay off the brakes in that stuff. drifts become much more controlled and you keep way better traction along with carrying more speed.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
For sure RB, and just practice your brakeless drifting in gravel, on the trail, etc.

Nice pics, I want to go to the east coast next year and ride your stuff, it looks fun for sure.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
i used to have the same problem, but i'm sure you've already heard it 100 times before... stay off the brakes in that stuff. drifts become much more controlled and you keep way better traction along with carrying more speed.
umm....gee! Did I sound like a newbie? Me race Semi-Pro...me know how to ride off camber grasses...me just not like 'em.:brow:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
In the July race when that corner was fresh cut and soupy muddy, I got a bit misty eyed thinking back to the Wolf Laurel races and all the off camber grass in them. :P
I don't know a person who hasn't asked me to get that race back. But until things stabilize with works and kids, I gotta put it on hold.

Wolf Laurel was awesome. We had so much fun cutting courses there and the owners were cool with us doing it. 7 different courses...7 different races...can't beat that!!!:cheers:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
umm....gee! Did I sound like a newbie? Me race Semi-Pro...me know how to ride off camber grasses...me just not like 'em.:brow:
You've done 2 races this year! I think Norba wants their designation back and down grade you to semi-hack!:banana: :brows:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I don't currently own a NORBA license thank you very much. And I didn't act as cheerleader for buddies course side like a certain exper-hack .......:bonk:
(I don't understand your statement but I'll take it as a positive.)

What can I say, I give support to my homies. :cheers: IF you showed up for more events you would feel the donut love as well.

*Donut love = being pelted by donuts during your race run.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
(I don't understand your statement but I'll take it as a positive.)

What can I say, I give support to my homies. :cheers: IF you showed up for more events you would feel the donut love as well.

*Donut love = being pelted by donuts during your race run.
heh...now that would be a great "Why I lost" excuse.
Racer #1: 'So....how'd your run go?"
Racer #2: "Aww....man.....!!! I had a killer run going"
Racer #1: "So what happened? Your derailleur break? Snap a crank?"
Racer #2: "Nah...some dude jumped out and pelted me with with donuts and I went OTB....."
Racer #1: [exits stage right with a look of disgust]
Racer #2: [shrugs and pulls powdered white out of Dickies...]

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
heh...now that would be a great "Why I lost" excuse.
Racer #1: 'So....how'd your run go?"
Racer #2: "Aww....man.....!!! I had a killer run going"
Racer #1: "So what happened? Your derailleur break? Snap a crank?"
Racer #2: "Nah...some dude jumped out and pelted me with with donuts and I went OTB....."
Racer #1: [exits stage right with a look of disgust]
Racer #2: [shrugs and pulls powdered white out of Dickies...]
We got my buddy DJ to the point where his jersey was covered with little white circles.:biggrin:

Carry on....

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
i know you're a good rider. i personally have gotten to like off camber and wideopen stuff alot more as i got more comfortable (and faster at the same time)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
i know you're a good rider. i personally have gotten to like off camber and wideopen stuff alot more as i got more comfortable (and faster at the same time)
which reminds me of something a guy said to me this weekend which was sort of a "shaming". He said..."Hey, are you Butch?" which of course was funny b/c it says "Butch" on the back of my jersey. I said "Yeah bro, what's up?" He says "I hear you're pretty fast." I said..."Maybe once upon a time..now I'm just old."

It was almost a shaming of sorts b/c I just consider myself lucky to keep up with the crowd. I felt like" awww man...now he's gonna make fun of me when he finds out I suck...":clue:

Hah hah!
profro said:
So, how did you race Sugar?
Unscrupulously.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
which reminds me of something a guy said to me this weekend which was sort of a "shaming". He said..."Hey, are you Butch?" which of course was funny b/c it says "Butch" on the back of my jersey. I said "Yeah bro, what's up?" He says "I hear you're pretty fast." I said..."Maybe once upon a time..now I'm just old."

It was almost a shaming of sorts b/c I just consider myself lucky to keep up with the crowd. I felt like" awww man...now he's gonna make fun of me when he finds out I suck...":clue:

Hah hah!
Unscrupulously.

It was cool to meet you though...:D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I thought you meant me, its just the level of stoke at them races is overwhelming. "nice guy" thanks Butch.
Good to meet you man. You don't have any idea how many times I've heard "Those SEI guys are so elitist and won't talk to people, thing their better than everybody else, and so on"

I always tell them..."Did you say hello?"

We're just a bunch of buddies who got together to race and match gear and ruin each other's self esteem at the finish line....:cheers: :huh:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Bizutch talked to me @ a race once... it made me feel special :D

Hey Buzz, long time no see... how are things going? how's pittsburgh?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Good to meet you man. You don't have any idea how many times I've heard "Those SEI guys are so elitist and won't talk to people, thing their better than everybody else, and so on"

I always tell them..."Did you say hello?"

We're just a bunch of buddies who got together to race and match gear and ruin each other's self esteem at the finish line....:cheers: :huh:
In all seriousness, I haven't heard that about you guys at all. Actually Jeremy R is a great dude and always willing to help, all y'all are...

I know what it is...It's the intimidating jerseys!:banana:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Still a nice guy. I like that he's fast as hell but not caught up in the looks game. His bike is clapped, his clothes are tattered, and he rode some some time without a visor because he broke it off from riding hard. Plus he's helped me out a few times this year with bike issues.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Still a nice guy. I like that he's fast as hell but not caught up in the looks game. His bike is clapped, his clothes are tattered, and he rode some some time without a visor because he broke it off from riding hard. Plus he's helped me out a few times this year with bike issues.
jamie has saved me more times than i can count.

actually, now that i think of it. im running his semi blown romic on my dhr in place of my fully blown push shock. :cheers:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Aw now, Jamies clothes are nearly brand new now. Some of his componets on his frame may be dieing, but the frame hasn't needed a lick of maitenance all season!