Quantcast

Snowshoe final race cookout.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Hang out with fellow Monkies and Team Lummox.

Stop by Treetop 8. (Just south of the village) I'll have a gas grill to cook yer meats. Saturday evening post practice.

Margaritas and Sasquatch optional.

You know you always race better with a hangover!!!

Mike

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Not to threadjack, but can anyone split a room? I'm thinking its worth driving 800+ miles just to see this fiasco

beachbum

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
coastal nc

Stop by Treetop 8. (Just south of the village) I'll have a gas grill to cook yer meats. Saturday evening post practice.

Mike
Mike,
i'm up at sn all week if i could do anything for you let me know.
bob

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV

Mike

So, uhhh...who's in charge of margaritas??

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, this is for those that have never seen it, BUT, Snowshoe offers a takeout window for their bear population. In keeping with ISO 9001, here is the format they must follow to offer the best possible service.

Here, we see the bear approaching the takeout place...

Here is where we see the bear place their order.

Here we see the bear actually going to the window to the first window.

Next we observe the bear at the second window receiving the already placed order.

And finally, we see the happy customer (the bear), leaving with their order.

So, as you can see, Snowshoe is environmentally friendly to the local wildlife.

:D

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
What happened to the "Snowshoe is taking good care of it's customers" thread???
I nuked it.

Fortress owns Snowshoe. That's the way it is, that's the way it's going to be. Debating it on line only makes it worse for the employees who are still working hard to make it work for us.

If you don't like Snowshoe don't spend your money there.

If you do then shut up and ride.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I nuked it.

Fortress owns Snowshoe. That's the way it is, that's the way it's going to be. Debating it on line only makes it worse for the employees who are still working hard to make it work for us.

Cool...good call.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I nuked it.

Word. This is only my second year going to SS so I can't say which direction the mountain's going from my own observations but my experiences there have been nothing but awesome. Yes, other mountain may arguably have more trails, bang for the buck or whatever but SS is hands down the most beautiful, relaxing setting I've ever raced at and I'd hate to see the riding program jeopardized over the long haul by a bunch of needless negativity.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Yes, other mountain may arguably have more trails, bang for the buck or whatever but SS is hands down the most beautiful, relaxing setting I've ever raced at and I'd hate to see the riding program jeopardized over the long haul by a bunch of needless negativity.

AMEN!!!!!!!!! :banana:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Can we forget about the margarita my slippers incident too? I think it's just as damaging, in the long run.
To answer you're question, no. I do Not believe it is possible to forget that night, although you may have NO recolection of said event.

And, SHUT UP AND RIDE!

Have a nice day! :)

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Hahaha oh I remember the night quite well. One thing that sticks out is Dart and I being absolutely confounded by the fork on that lady's bike. We spent at least half an hour just pogoing on it and talking about how stiff it was. At least I hope that really happened, and it wasn't just some kind of crazy hallucination as a result of my jet-fuel margarita. Dart, can you back me up on this??

And sk6, I agree: I'll shut up and ride!!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Dart, can you back me up on this??
Fork? What fork? :rolleyes:

Hehehehe...You guys were confounded by it. I though perhaps it needed to be "burped," sometimes air gets sucked into a fork and overpressurizes it and took a wrench to loosen the top cap to let any excess out. It didn't help though, POS fork was the final diagnosis.

It was right after that where her friend gave you that cup of rocket fuel to thank you for your trouble. :brows: