Quantcast

SnowShoe in 12 days

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
you know if you would come up with us on some non-race weekends you wouldnt have to count down the days every time. May be heading up there this weekend if you are interested.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
quit your whining. my buddy buzz from columbus has a 5 1/2 hour drive and he makes it there more than anybody. suck it up princess, lets ride
I have the same drive. And i get to ride 12 days a year. I know it doesnt sound like much, but it is to me!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Me and g-man are camping down at silvercreek this time with his family, although I'll probably be staying on top saturday night with my family. We might not be able to get quite as party-hardy due to the aforementioned families.

As an aside, my dad (you met him after the DS last time) saw the pictures you posted of us at the bar. Good times. I think he's secretly proud of me for keeping the tradition of being a drunken moron alive in our family.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Me and g-man are camping down at silvercreek this time with his family, although I'll probably be staying on top saturday night with my family. We might not be able to get quite as party-hardy due to the aforementioned families.

As an aside, my dad (you met him after the DS last time) saw the pictures you posted of us at the bar. Good times. I think he's secretly proud of me for keeping the tradition of being a drunken moron alive in our family.
Yeah, bet he's REAL proud of that.... :rolleyes:

:p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Yeah Konabum is going to crash with me. Anybody know what class I should race? I've been racing sport this year, and will race expert next year. Is weekend warrior = sport and amateur = expert?

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I'll probably race Amateur, that way I won't have any chance of getting on the podium. I plan to race expert next year anyway. That way I don't have to stick around for awards if I don't want too.

Did they give out a bunch of random "door" prizes at the last SS race? If not I definitely won't stick around for the awards, I'll just use that time to ride.

The Racers Edge races haven't been giving any "door" prizes to entice people to stick around for the awards. Seems prize sponsors are hard to come by for them, wonder if SS is the same.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Off subject, but oldskoolbiker, we are just going to get a place at AS. but will be riding friday, so we might see you on the trails!

Now back to your scheduled progrmaing. :p

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I'll probably race Amateur, that way I won't have any chance of getting on the podium. I plan to race expert next year anyway. That way I don't have to stick around for awards if I don't want too.

Did they give out a bunch of random "door" prizes at the last SS race? If not I definitely won't stick around for the awards, I'll just use that time to ride.

The Racers Edge races haven't been giving any "door" prizes to entice people to stick around for the awards. Seems prize sponsors are hard to come by for them, wonder if SS is the same.
at the first race they didn't give out jack - so I'm sure this one will be the same!

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.

Prize sponsors ARE hard to nail down but I seem to recall some seroius prizes given away at the Wisp races. Iron Horse Sunday, Brodie hardtail, Fox gear etc...Finals in Sept should be worth the trip!

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Yeah I will admit that they had some real good prizes for winners at Wisp, and they also had a drawings for nice frames.

But in previous years at Snowshoe they gave out lots of nice stuff to non-winners. They would just pull names out of a hat. A friend of mine got a full set of El Camino brakes last year just for being at the awards ceremony.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Ouch...i dunno about all that. I distinctly recall somebody attempting to sleep on the deck using couch cushions for pillows. And then attempting the same thing on the living room floor. And then finally making it to bed...only to take his pants off in the company of men.:busted: :disgust1:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :cheers: