Quantcast

Snowshoe Moto Trails

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
After hearing a lot about Snowshoe's motocross trails, and seeing a few people who borught up their motorized bikes to ride the trails. I want to know where in the world these trails are. Where do they begin? how long are they? and what is the terrain like?

I know this is a mountain bike forum. But I was so clueless on where to begin to ask. And I know some of you guys ride moto, so I figured I would ask.

Thanks,

Austin

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
we ride in the woods around our houses in slatyfork farms! snowshoe doesn't have any public trails! the land we ride on is private, but if you get up with trevyn or brad they might ride with you! i broke my shoulder at the race in practice. so there will be no riding for me the rest of the season. brad doesn't ride in the woods that much he's more moto-x. but he might. there is a track about 1.5 hours away that has practice every wed. night ,and a race every sat. night!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I keep hearing about rides going on at Snoeshow on the KTM forums. Presumably trail rides and from the sounds of it they're in the woods and messy.

That probably helps a ton.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
As banche says, it's mostly woods riding in the Slatyfork Farms area (that's as much info as you'll probably get out of anyone)....and you'll eventually end up in several logging company owned parcels of land or into large tracts of privately owned or national forest land.

You've got to be real careful though, you need to know where your going and what areas are considered "safe". Most of the land owners don't allow riding on the property per say, but so long as your not causing any trouble or really tearing up their land they tend to look the other way. For the most part, the woods riding up there isn't something I would suggest anyone/everyone just go up with their moto's and take off on any old trail they find. Definitely hook up with a local and be ready for anything.

Hacktastic, what KTM forums are you referring to? I am a regular on KTMtalk.com and haven't ever noticed much in the way of organized rides in the Snowshoe area ever posted on there. There are always posts about the Snowshoe GNCC race, but that's quite a bit different.

I tend to talk about the trails up there like a dirt jump trail boss talks about his trails.......keeps their location to only himself and a very close network of friends. Getting a ton of moto's up there in the woods is only going to bring huge amounts of attention from the true WV locals and land owners, which will get the riding opportunities shut down for all. If you really want to ride up there, go about it like you would go about getting in on some secretive dirt jump spots.....talk to the right people and keep it low key.

Not a flame or an attack to anyone, just passing along some advice after seeing some pretty nice riding areas that used to be "low key" and had plenty of land owners turning a blind eye to it get shut down when it got to popular and someone complained or got hurt. The locals up there are great people, but they really value and respect their property and the serenity/peace of that area. A ton of motos blazing through the woods wouldn't go over well at all.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
As banche says, it's mostly woods riding in the Slatyfork Farms area (that's as much info as you'll probably get out of anyone)....and you'll eventually end up in several logging company owned parcels of land or into large tracts of privately owned or national forest land.

You've got to be real careful though, you need to know where your going and what areas are considered "safe". Most of the land owners don't allow riding on the property per say, but so long as your not causing any trouble or really tearing up their land they tend to look the other way. For the most part, the woods riding up there isn't something I would suggest anyone/everyone just go up with their moto's and take off on any old trail they find. Definitely hook up with a local and be ready for anything.

Hacktastic, what KTM forums are you referring to? I am a regular on KTMtalk.com and haven't ever noticed much in the way of organized rides in the Snowshoe area ever posted on there. There are always posts about the Snowshoe GNCC race, but that's quite a bit different.

I tend to talk about the trails up there like a dirt jump trail boss talks about his trails.......keeps their location to only himself and a very close network of friends. Getting a ton of moto's up there in the woods is only going to bring huge amounts of attention from the true WV locals and land owners, which will get the riding opportunities shut down for all. If you really want to ride up there, go about it like you would go about getting in on some secretive dirt jump spots.....talk to the right people and keep it low key.

Not a flame or an attack to anyone, just passing along some advice after seeing some pretty nice riding areas that used to be "low key" and had plenty of land owners turning a blind eye to it get shut down when it got to popular and someone complained or got hurt. The locals up there are great people, but they really value and respect their property and the serenity/peace of that area. A ton of motos blazing through the woods wouldn't go over well at all.
:stupid: :cheers:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Showshoe, WV right? I see the name popping up on KTM Talk every so often. That is about the extent of my knowledge on it.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
hulk was speaking the gospel! get with the right people!
but yea the track is public! check it out at pyramidvalley com
there is another track about 5 miles down the road from pyramid.i think its called camel back haven't been there though!