Quantcast

Snowshoe race 3

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Results?

Since when did Snowshoe DH become irrelevant? I love that place...just had to stay close to home this season, thanks to the resorts here actually hosting race, but man I miss it.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Wow, that had to be a long race course. Just over 5 mins long for the fastest time. Not to many tracks out there plus 4 mins these days....

Cecil
Probably because we ran down Ninja Bob up top, very twisty and somewhat tedious to race on. It was one of the best weekends at Snowshoe in my memory, the weather was amazing and the trails were riding great. :thumb:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Results?

Since when did Snowshoe DH become irrelevant? I love that place...just had to stay close to home this season, thanks to the resorts here actually hosting race, but man I miss it.
Ya seriously. It seems like 2 years ago they were THE east coast race resort and now you hardly hear about them. What gives?
HTML:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Ya seriously. It seems like 2 years ago they were THE east coast race resort and now you hardly hear about them. What gives?
HTML:
Maybe something to do wtih the resurgence of chasing USAC points. I wish Snowshoe would have at least 1 USAC race for UCI points. I think it would make them more relevant again.

By the by, did Gerrit have UCI points to be able to attend Windham?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
All three races have been 4+ minute courses. Snowshoe does a really great job of laying out courses that have just about everything in them. High speed, jumps, rocks, pedaling, mud, grass, berms, flat turns, roots, loam, hardpack, off-camber, etc. Plus they tape their tracks really wide which is the best. I love picking lines.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Great race. The weather was good and the course was fun.

The only downer was my teammate John Leslie getting flown out Sunday morning with a broken femur. He's still in Charleston in the hospital. Doing good but it will be a long recovery. As far as the response goes, snowshoe seemed to do a great job from my perspective.

My race run pretty much blew. I crashed on my last practice run on the soft landing aftet the only drop in Ninja Bob. With John being injured, I was a bit frazzled at the start and had a series of mistakes. Even with that, it was a lot of fun.

I heard that Snowshoe would like to host a GES next year. I think that's where a lot of the people have gone. With that, they still had 110 racers on the start list.

I heard there was confusion on the number of points that Gerrit had so that's why he went to SS.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
All three races have been 4+ minute courses. Snowshoe does a really great job of laying out courses that have just about everything in them. High speed, jumps, rocks, pedaling, mud, grass, berms, flat turns, roots, loam, hardpack, off-camber, etc. Plus they tape their tracks really wide which is the best. I love picking lines.
Yes, I agree.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
+1.....Matt & crew did a great job!!

J

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.

The only downer was my teammate John Leslie getting flown out Sunday morning with a broken femur. He's still in Charleston in the hospital. Doing good but it will be a long recovery. As far as the response goes, snowshoe seemed to do a great job from my perspective.

My race run pretty much blew. I crashed on my last practice run on the soft landing aftet the only drop in Ninja Bob. With John being injured, I was a bit frazzled at the start and had a series of mistakes. Even with that, it was a lot of fun.

I heard that Snowshoe would like to host a GES next year. I think that's where a lot of the people have gone. With that, they still had 110 racers on the start list.

I heard there was confusion on the number of points that Gerrit had so that's why he went to SS.
I came through the rockgarden as he was on the stretcher on my last practice run. Guess everyone heard him screaming from the lift. Hope John has a speedy recovery!

I shot myself off course in my race run off that same dumb drop. The landing was in bad shape by the time the race runs came around..

Judging by Gerrit's race run he was mad about not being in NY and took it out on the course...F'N Flying!!!!!

Hope John heals up quick!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was 13 seconds off Geritt's time. He could have done much better. He tends to race to the competition. If faster guys were there, he could have easily put another 13 seconds on my time.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
What's up with that helmet cam? I'm actually planning on moving to that area in the next year or so. It'll be nice to get some REAL riding in...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I was riding the lift and heard John hit the ground and then start yelling in pain for help. It was quite chilling. Good to hear he's doing good. Wishes for a good recovery. Yeah the Snowshoe Rescue crew is top notch. He was in the air within two hours I believe.

Here's a pic of his ride out...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
thanks for the pic. I'll send it to him.

He made it home on Tuesday. Surprizing since he had surgery to plate and pin 6 breaks.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I always see John killing it in practice and I think to myself I better step it up because he looks so pinnned and pedaling everywhere. Hope he heals up quickly and without issue.

Adrnln Jnke

Chimp
Sep 2, 2010
does anybody have helmet cam footage or have pics or know someone who took pics of the race? If so could you post a link.