Quantcast

Snowshoe Western lift open next weekend

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
July 22-24
..........................................................................................................................

Due to the GNCC motorcycle and ATV races taking place on June 22-24th, the Basin portion of the Snowshoe Bike Park will be closed. To make up for the inconvenience, Snowshoe will be operating the Western Express instead of the shuttle system. This will allow riders to access the most vertical footage and some of Snowshoe's best trails with the speed and ease of the Western Express high-speed quad. All non-homeowners will be required to pay a one time gate fee of 10.00 to enter the mountain and GNCC venue as a spectator.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
I think me and garrett are staying at the inn. I'm not real sure, he handles all the travel arrangements. I'll talk to him this evening and get back to you.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I rode SS yesterday and I gotta say I was really disappointed. I know its always muddy there so I'm not gonna complain about that, but a lot of the trails seemed like they hadn't been groomed in a year. I think Diablo will be getting my money for the rest of the summer.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
When are they going to start collecting the "gate fee" :think:
I was wondering about that myself. Was going to email duncan and see what he knows. I rode up there yesterday, had a great time the westen side was perfect.

One other thing. The shuttles will not be running next weekend. Lift only so if you stay at the Inn you will have to drive up

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Blah, gate fee shmate fee. Seems this new management is really trying to squeeze out all the profit they can.

Anyway, should be a good time with the lift running. How many monkeys are plannin on goin?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Blah, gate fee shmate fee. Seems this new management is really trying to squeeze out all the profit they can.

Anyway, should be a good time with the lift running. How many monkeys are plannin on goin?
Snowshoe doesnt have anything to do with the gate fee. The GNCC promoters are basicly coming in and taking over the basin side of the mountain. money goes to them

I will be there. unless something comes up. If I make this one and the downhill race I will have been there 5 out of the 6 weekends they have been open. This summer is starting out nicecly

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, here's what the web site has posted:

Due to the GNCC motorcycle and ATV races taking place on June 22-24th, the Basin portion of the Snowshoe Bike Park will be closed. To make up for the inconvenience, Snowshoe will be operating the Western Express instead of the shuttle system. This will allow riders to access the most vertical footage and some of Snowshoe's best trails with the speed and ease of the Western Express high-speed quad. All non-homeowners will be required to pay a one time gate fee of 10.00 to enter the mountain and GNCC venue as a spectator.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Just talked to the bike shop. Sounds like the GNCC is pretty much taking over the whole mountain. So it will cost $10 just to get on the mountain.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, it looks like maybe I can....Not sure as of yet.

*Edit, the wife says OK, so, thats 85% of the battle over.....Even may have a place to stay......*

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Well, it looks like maybe I can....Not sure as of yet.

*Edit, the wife says OK, so, thats 85% of the battle over.....Even may have a place to stay......*
Cool hope to see you there. I can only ride sat. Have to get up early and hit the road on sun. Grandparents 70th anniversary.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, my issue is I promised to go to WG with G-Spot. Actually told him NO was not an option. He can't make it this weekend to the Shoe, so I may stick to my promise and go to WG with him. I really don't want to abandon a friend.

Now, that being said, I KNOW G-Spot would dump me like a bad habit if the shoe were on the other foot! :D

Sandy laughed and said, with a season pass, its would cost as much as WG, minus gas of course.......LOL! Of course I agreed fully! :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
So, the lift is gonna be running on Friday as well?
If so, I will be there Friday and Saturday.
How did I luck out on this?
I have to be at White Sulpher Springs for a conference this weekend.
Awesome.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
just do a day trip to the shoe. then both of you would be happy. be a long day but worth it.

And yes g-spot would drop you in a minute I know I would:biggrin:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
So, the lift is gonna be running on Friday as well?
If so, I will be there Friday and Saturday.
How did I luck out on this?
I have to be at White Sulpher Springs for a conference this weekend.
Awesome.
just sat. and sunday. Sweet deal on being so close.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
That's two and a half beers!!! :rant:
Dartman, come on, its SNOWSHOE, thats more like a half a beer :D

How's that funny? Is that funny to you? Does that make you laugh? Am I a clown? Am I supposed to make you laugh?
Come On Ralphie, if you're gonna quote one of the all time greats, quote correct!

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little [facked] up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to [fackin'] amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? ... You said I'm funny. How the [fack] am I funny, what the [fack] is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
And on the riding, I wish I could be there with ya'll but I'm still actually recovering from the kidney stone thing, AND I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. So I guess I won't be there. Just make sure you're careful in that rockgarden at the end of lower hairball.....right BAXTER? :brow:

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I don't think the fee to get on the mountain is $10, it is $15. Look at #25 on the GNCC FAQ. http://www.gnccracing.com/faq/

"25. What is the gate admission and who pays?

The gate admission is $12 for both days for persons 7 years and older at most GNCC events. Everyone, including the rider, pays this fee with the exception of children under 7 years of age - they're free. At the Triton GNCC, admission is $12 for Saturday and Sunday and $12 for Monday and Tuesday. At the SnowShoe GNCC, admission is $15 for the weekend. "

Just thought I would point that out.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Well if you do have the chance to watch any of the GNCC races it's highly recommended.

ATVs run Saturday, Bikes run Sunday.

Amateurs - 10am
Pros/Experts - 1pm

Freak and I will both be there racing...I race in the AM ATV race and he races in the PM ATV race (although nursing an injury so taking it easy this weekend).

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Well, my issue is I promised to go to WG with G-Spot. Actually told him NO was not an option. He can't make it this weekend to the Shoe, so I may stick to my promise and go to WG with him. I really don't want to abandon a friend.

Now, that being said, I KNOW G-Spot would dump me like a bad habit if the shoe were on the other foot! :D

Sandy laughed and said, with a season pass, its would cost as much as WG, minus gas of course.......LOL! Of course I agreed fully! :D
SK6 you can go to the SHOE, I understand that you dont want to play with me(ride with).go try the new ride out up there!!! greg and I will go to witergreen.

I figured you would not hold your end up, AGAIN!

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Unfortunatly, I will not be there this weekend. I had planned to ride DH on Saturday and race the GNCC on Sunday. Then I busted my leg at the Open so I am out for a few more weeks before I get the cast off.

But, I did talk to Missy Giove at the Open and she will be racing the GNCC at Snowshoe. If your there, you better be cheering for her.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I think that drop at the bottom of lower hairball is the sketchiest drop at the shoe, but when you stick it, it feels really good.
That is known as Roberto's Rock. What's fun is hitting all the little rocks after it while your bike is still settling from the drop. I've gone OTB onto the road a couple times.

Mike