Quantcast

snowshoe

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
So, Snowshoe was an absolute blast this weekend! The weather was absolutly gorgeous. The new trails on the western side blew my mind! So well made and crazy-gnar-hcor. Power line was sick. All was good. Once again I own a season pass.... :evil:

Share your tales....

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
yeah, snowshoe was great this weekend. Hairball and the other trail next to it are the kind of riding I love. For anyone heading out on a Sat from the Charlottesville area, drop me a line. I've got a season pass and am looking to do some day trips.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Glad to hear you guys liked it. I'll be checking the new stuff out when i move in a day or two and fix my bike.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Fvckin' broke my finger at work (I wouldn't have been there if I could've gone to Snowshoe!!!) friday so I couldn't even ride here. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Somebody cheer me up with some pics dammit!!!!

Mike

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
awesome I guess i will have to go next weekend now that it got a rave review. Mattoid did you hit the bike park section or just the downhill. Did they have the jump line completed whats the name of it?

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
I rode the hell out of both the freeride park and the western side. The "jump" trail is powerline I geuss. Its a work of art! So many berms and jumps, but the best part is that you get to hit more than half of the sport course and then powerline, so the combined riding time in that run is unreal. The only part of the trail that wasnt rideable was the largest 2 tables, but the rest was very nice.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Does anyone know if the lifts on the western side will ever run this season? Part of the reason this weekend was so great was because you could ride the western side whenever you wanted and not have to take the damned shutttle. It would be nice if it ran at least on the weekends.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Mattoid said:
Does anyone know if the lifts on the western side will ever run this season? Part of the reason this weekend was so great was because you could ride the western side whenever you wanted and not have to take the damned shutttle. It would be nice if it ran at least on the weekends.

looks like it should run Aug. 17-21st and Sept. 9-11th

both are race weekends

btw. the line up of riders for the Monster Park Comp is sick sick sick!

Aaron Chase, Cameron McCaul, Chris Duncan, Darren Berrecloth, Eric Porter
Jorie Lunn, Kirt Voreis, Kyle Ebbett, Paul Basagoitia, Thomas Vanderham, Wade Simmons, Wayne Goss, Tyler Klaussen, Jeff Lenosky, Matt Hunter, Timo Pritzel, Randy Spangler, Cameron Zinc, Kurt Sorge (2004 Ultimate Freeride Challenge Winner) and Grant Breshears.

:thumb:

stolen from the site, looks like Trevyn, Gettn'r Done

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Just got back from an incredible weekend. I have been at snowshoe for the past 4 opening weekends, and this was the best by far. All of the new trails where awsome. Being able to ride both sides was very nice. And the weather was perfect. Everything added up to a great weekend.
Thanks to all of the people that worked there ass's off to make this weekend so nice. It was very obvious that alot of back breaking work went into us having fun.

Dennis

wolf

Chimp
Nov 3, 2003
Ashburn/Blacksburg
excellent, excellent weekend...can't wait to get back

here's the only pic i have...too busy riding

hummer, jayridesacove, mattoid, me, and MikeT fri night at rimfire

Mutilatedjak

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
Hell yea, snow shoe was the best weekend of riding i have experienced ever. western territories, no words can describe how flippin amazing it was. :drool:
just wow.
(heh heh the stoopid diabetic cant drink a 40 oz heh heh)

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
This weekend ruled. Probably the most riding I have ever packed into two days. Both sides of the mountain were hottness.

Motomike on mountaincross. The new course is way fun.

This double is big and smooth.

Mike.

Powerline.

I risked it and took the DSLR down both sides in the camelbak. Was it worth the risk? You tell me.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
dude! T-Pirate you rock! Thanks for the pics... will you be heading back up anytime this season?

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
had a great weekend as well, with the lift running we rode nearly 50 miles in one day, all downhill!

Power Line was cool, and found a couple ways to link it up with Ball Hooter or Rock Garden, etc. I didn't get to ride Sweet Dreams, for some reason we never found that one, but i hear its an awesome trail.
I want to go back when the lifts are running, but I'm not into the race thing. I wish they would have another freeride festival.

Check out these pics in another thread: BTW, mine are on the second page.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120680&highlight=snowshoe

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
so the trails are open on the Monster Park weekend?
Hmmm. :sneaky:
It also looks like they have the lift running the weekend before NORBA. Cool, see you there!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
tgaines72 said:
had a great weekend as well, with the lift running we rode nearly 50 miles in one day, all downhill!

Power Line was cool, and found a couple ways to link it up with Ball Hooter or Rock Garden, etc. I didn't get to ride Sweet Dreams, for some reason we never found that one, but i hear its an awesome trail.
If you come in from rockgarden sweetdreams was a couple hundred feet past powerline

May 31, 2005
Charleston, SC
This weekend I finally got the chance to stretch the legs on my bike. All I have to say is Powerline is the trail of my dreams. The berms were simply beautiful, and the trail was impeccably groomed. I plan on driving up at least once more this summer, preferably two or three times.

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
denjen said:
If you come in from rockgarden sweetdreams was a couple hundred feet past powerline
Every time I go to Snowshoe, I leave a better rider. But I also get better at making the trip smooth. I mean, that when I learn the trails and what I want to hit, I can go and just have a good weekend without making too many wrong turns and such.
I also have a good drive route, which puts me camping at Greenbriar State Resort. There's some good trails there. We have also stopped over in Kanawha State Forest before. those trails kick a$$! The park super rides a Bullit, Cove and/or Intense Uzzi. So he has hooked the trails up nice. There is even an Expert DH trail that is sick!

Sep 30, 2004
Arlington VA
Trails were awesome!Plenty of drops,great twisty sections,techy rock gardens!We rode two days,and never even made it to the freeride park!
They plan to extend Powerline further up the mt.They also are planning more
trails!My understanding is that the lift will be running July 2-4,and August 6/7.
Great job,all of you guys working hard at Snowshoe!

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
RepoDemoRider said:
My understanding is that the lift will be running July 2-4,and August 6/7.
You mean the Western Express Lift right?

The Ballhooter lift, which is on Basin side with the lake, should run the entire summer daily.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
So what's the concensus....

Is it worth taking my freeride spec'ed hardtail to Snowshoe, or should I just forego that in favor of a rental Kona Stinky?
u can ride the hardtailage.

I saw a .243 there on opening weekend.

My friend Derek rode his custom carbon hardtail there.

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
HotButterToppin said:
So what's the concensus....

Is it worth taking my freeride spec'ed hardtail to Snowshoe, or should I just forego that in favor of a rental Kona Stinky?
rent a bike, trash someone else's parts. It would not be hard to do more in damage than the cost of the rental bike.
Plus, you'll have more fun on a sled!

Nately27

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Jayridesacove said:
Hehe, forgot about the crackage.
you guys underestimate the CARBON!!! Lets not forget i have an unlimited-unquestioned-lifetime-warranty on that thing. :thumb:

Mutilatedjak

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
heh heh i dont underestimate the carbon. i will point and laugh if it fails while u are riding it, then ill steal ur kona and 888. heh heh :sneaky: