Quantcast

so after someone wins your ebay auction...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
how long does it usually take for them to contact you? the few times i've bought stuff on ebay, i've gotten in touch with the seller within hours of the auction's end. when i've sold stuff, the winner has typically done the same.

the auction for my Imperial ended yesterday afternoon. i thought the guy would've gotten in touch with me by now but hasn't. i sent him an e-mail right after the auction ended telling him all the pertinent info, but haven't heard back. his feedback is low at 9, but mine is lower at 2 (i don't leave feedback for folks, so i guess they don't leave it for me). i checked his feedback comments and he looks to be legit.

am i being too paranoid?

J

JRB

You should stick your broken lever from nashbar in your ear and stop worrying about the auction.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I just sold two things on ebay the first one they buyer contacted me with in a day. The other sent me an email two days later asking why in the hell I haven't sent them an invoice yet. So they may be waiting for you...At least one of my buyer was.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Some people respond immediately, others 3-4 days later. For future auctions state in the description what your terms are. (EG: Payment via Paypal only and payment must be made within 3 days of the end of the auction).

You should really start leaving feedback, and building up your own. It will only help, and takes <30 seconds.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
JSB said:
I just sold two things on ebay the first one they buyer contacted me with in a day. The other sent me an email two days later asking why in the hell I haven't sent them an invoice yet. So they may be waiting for you...At least one of my buyer was.
i sent him an invoice, plus e-mailed him asking how he wanted it shipped, etc.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'd give him 48 hours before you even start to worry about it. I usually respond within hours, but sometimes I just don't get the chance to respond for a day or two.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
berkshire_rider said:
Some people respond immediately, others 3-4 days later. For future auctions state in the description what your terms are. (EG: Payment via Paypal only and payment must be made within 3 days of the end of the auction).

You should really start leaving feedback, and building up your own. It will only help, and takes <30 seconds.
couldn't agreee more....D