Quantcast

So-Cal jumping?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Are there any dirtjumps in the So-Cal area that are at least semi easy to get to from Santa Barbara? I have the whole weekend off as usual and I really need to go jumping. I'm not that good at big jumps, but small to medium size jumps I'm decent at. Also, if you know where any are and are going to be around, let me know. Thanks.

GoRoRo

Chimp
Jul 23, 2003
Santa Barbara
Peter and I will be in PasoRobles (SLO area) this weekend too. Let us know we could bring our DH bikes for some rides off of the Cuesta Grade

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Let me know, I just wanna go riding, however I would be psyched to go jumping more than anything. I was even thinking about going up to San Jose to go to Calabazas, there just isn't anything to do here, especially downtown.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
PM westcoasthucker he had a post on some jumps a couple weeks ago

id show u around but i still cant ride cuz of my ankle. theres no dirt jumps in SLO that are really worth driving to

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Where exactly is Sheep Hills? Are there any kinda medium sized jumps there? From what I've seen of sheep hils all the jumps seem pretty massive. Do you have an approximate adress or anything.

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
Li'l Dave said:
Where exactly is Sheep Hills? Are there any kinda medium sized jumps there? From what I've seen of sheep hils all the jumps seem pretty massive. Do you have an approximate adress or anything.
have you checked out the kenter coaster? its hear its pretty sweet.

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
found it

City/County Brentwood Trail Directions Off the 405 freeway, take sunset blvd. west until Kenter road. Turn right (north) on Kenter, and follow this all the way to the gate. Travel through the gate, up to the top of the paved hill, descend about 10 yards, take the singletrack to the right. After cresting another small hill, descend to the open area, which is the bottom of the Coaster. Take the hill to the right up until it flattens on top of the ridge. Look left and you will see the entrance to the Coaster. Trail Length 1 mile loop Trail Level Advanced Trail Link Trail Type Singletrack

have any of you sb locals been to more or ewood lately? if so what are the conditons like? i heard more mesa got eaten up by 50's

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
So its a trail rather than jumps? Sorry about the late response, my computer never warned me anyone responded. I haven't been to Ellwood lately, nothing out there ever seems to be that much fun. More Mesa is in bad shape, that main line just has chunks falling out, and I started clearing out another line, but have not thus far fixed it. Grannies is fun though, I tried the lead in jump to one of the lines, but crashed hard and took out my leg. Some day I will be able to jump like Beaverbiker... someday!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Does anyone know if Sheep Hills has any jumps that are small to medium sized? Second, if there are, does anyone know how to get out there from Santa Barbara? Thanks, and if you want to meet out there tomorrow, I might just be up for it.

Oct 26, 2003
socal
most of the jumps there are really steep set up for bmx bikes, there are a couple that you can jump on a big bike though. i jumped them on my bullit with a shiver dc. its worth checking out. theres also a place a couple blocks away called fairview park and it has some jumps as well and a couple cliff drops for big bikes like 8 feet or so. im not exactly sure how to get to either place unless im driving. get on pch in hunting ton beach and head south till you get to brookhurst then take a left and go to the mobil station on brookhurst and hamilton. park in the parking spaces behind the station. then get your bikes and ride across the bridge , right when you cross it there will be an opening in the fence go through it and take the dirt road into the bushes, thats where the jumps are. if you get lost ask someone theyll no, or go to a bike shop. jax is in HB on main st. later and have fun~! :)

Mooven

Chimp
Jun 5, 2002
Everywhere, USA
Whas up LD-

Sheep Hills is like all the big lines at Arbor for the most part, nothing much on the smaller side. Mostly steep lips and trannies, bmx style, and no roll ins so your going to pedal your a*s off. There are some jumps in thousand oaks these days that I haven't seen yet, I'm broken just had surgery on my hand. In Ventura there used to be some decent jumps that needed a bit of work, and there are some others down near Santa Monica. San Diego has some good jumps also from what I've seen. P.S. Arbor is off the hook!!

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
DFoxracing said:
PM people for directions, don't post them on the forum
not meaning to be an ass or anything, but the directions i posted were taken off mtbr's trail review, so its not like they weren't on the net allready.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
What up there Katie, why did you have surgery? I wanna go check out the bumps in Santa Monica, and I'd at least like to go see Sheep Hills at some point. How do I find out if there are still jumps in Ventura? Are you living out here again, or just mooven around again?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Does anyone know how to get to the Bumps in Santa Monica? I have to drive a friend down to LAX on Friday, and thought maybe I'd go out there after (if they're even anywhere close to LAX that is)

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
Li'l Dave said:
Does anyone know how to get to the Bumps in Santa Monica? I have to drive a friend down to LAX on Friday, and thought maybe I'd go out there after (if they're even anywhere close to LAX that is)
Not sure exactly what the bumps are, but you can definitely stop by Kenter on the way back from LAX. Just follow jack123's directions to the whoops. The place is fun and a good place dial in jumping. Regarding your question about it being a trail. The answer would be kind of. The top part is a bunch of water bars that can't really be jumped, but the botton has a bunch of doubles and some rythm sections.

Most people just ride up to the jumps and mess around there.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I just found out actually that the Bumps and Kenter are one in the same, so I might just have to go there on my way back. Nice, I can't wait to go actually jumping, the jumps around here absolutely suck.

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
Li'l Dave said:
I just found out actually that the Bumps and Kenter are one in the same, so I might just have to go there on my way back. Nice, I can't wait to go actually jumping, the jumps around here absolutely suck.
thats what i was starting to think. from what people were telling me they sounded really similar.
and yeah sb jumps suck so hard right now. more is ruined from 50's and ewood is just boring now.

dave, have you been to the paterson jumps? theres not a lot there, but the big pack looks super fun. i havent riden it but driven by.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I went and found Kenter today, and that place is so much fun. I only had a little bit of time, and was there by myself, so I didn't do anything too stupid. Sunday I have to go pick of my roommate from LAX, so if any monkies wanna ride let me know. Plus there are some jumps that I want to see other people do first. I'll get some pictures this weekend too, I had no idea really what to expect out of that place.

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
Also dont forget there is Slater Trails and Hidden Valley in HB as well.... Sheep isnt the only place close to HB!

Neccros

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Once again, my roommate and myself are going down to the Woops in Santa Monica if there are any monkies that wanna ride. There are some more jumps that I want to do, and I need to take some pictures, so come on out, and I'll show you how to ride.... yea right!

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Li'l Dave said:
Once again, my roommate and myself are going down to the Woops in Santa Monica if there are any monkies that wanna ride. There are some more jumps that I want to do, and I need to take some pictures, so come on out, and I'll show you how to ride.... yea right!
sweet, hook up the pictures. this sounds awesome. my sister lives in santa monica, would be nice to check this place out when i visit.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Went today, I took some pictures, but was mostly too happy to be jumping to actually take more. It was awesome today, I hit everything that I wanted to hit besides 2 jumps. I'll have some pics up in a bit.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Here are the long awaited Kenter pics... like I said, I was having far too much fun to actually take the camera out and take some more. Here is a shot of the better part of the top jumps.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Here are all the others, I know, I suck at taking pictures :rolleyes: The first is one of the lips that seems to have been rebuilt, the second is my roomate Chris, and the third is my hot self jumping near dark. The last was kinda a fluke, but looks semi cool