Quantcast

So. Cal. Off-Road Truck Racing?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This is a long-shot but I think that there are a few people here into this type of thing….

After not finding what I was looking for on the net, I have come to my fellow monkeys for help. I’m still pretty new to Southern Cal. But was wondering if anyone knew of any off-road truck racing, (not in the desert but on a track) that goes on in Southern California. A friend and I were talking about going and checking something like this out, but can’t find anything……

Does anyone have any schedules or websites?

I know that this is WAY off topic, but thanks in advance! Any help is appreciated….

jeb4 :thumb:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
if you ever come down to sd me and my buds can take you out to superstition or ocitillo or glamis or any of those places. we go to dirtbike though. only cuz we dont have a truck. i think trucks/sandrails are soo fun. whats your setup?

Mustang85

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Encinitas, its near San Diego
There isn’t really and "short truck" tracks in the SD area, but all the places lovebunny mentioned are great for off roading... I'm going to superstition with Holmes racing and the Bilstein team on friday to valve and test out the new black hawk triple bypass shock :heart: :drool: :heart:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
FOES kid races.

i am into rally.

there is a lot of that in socal.

if you are wanting to get into motorsports it would be way cheaper
that stadium truck racing.

check specialstage.com classified

http://www.rallyclassified.com/

you can find a turnkey for 5k

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Thanks for the replies!

I'm just looking to be a spectator for a while. I've spent more than enough cash on mototrsports so I'm taking some time off from it. A buddy and I saw the stadium trucks on TV and thought that it would be fun to go check them out! Am I out of luck on this one?

Also, thanks for the rally link (I love rallies). Do you know of any So. Cal Specific site for rally or does it all go through the SCCA?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
jeb4 said:
Thanks for the replies!

I'm just looking to be a spectator for a while. I've spent more than enough cash on mototrsports so I'm taking some time off from it. A buddy and I saw the stadium trucks on TV and thought that it would be fun to go check them out! Am I out of luck on this one?

Also, thanks for the rally link (I love rallies). Do you know of any So. Cal Specific site for rally or does it all go through the SCCA?

yes, http://californiarallyseries.com/

also scca dropped stage rallys and replaced it with rallycross.

check out scca.org.

rallycross is like stadium truck racing in production cars w/o big jumps.
might even be at some of the same venus someday.

good luck

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
BCD you have a 2002 BMW right? My mom bought one last summer for 1200 at a auction while kinda drunk, and the rest of the family is pissed at her for it.

No one has driven it yet, is it a good car, if so do you think i should keep it?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
An '02 BMW for 1200 bucks sounds like a good deal to me :think:

mack said:
BCD you have a 2002 BMW right? My mom bought one last summer for 1200 at a auction while kinda drunk, and the rest of the family is pissed at her for it.

No one has driven it yet, is it a good car, if so do you think i should keep it?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
no no no, a 70's 2002, 2002 is the model #... there old. cept this one is in good condition. :rolleyes:
my mother is wack, gets drunk and buys a old BMX, then pays 1 g to have it shipped, then some more money to store it, and still refuses to chip in and buy me a car thank god i got 2 jobs now.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
jeb4 said:
This is a long-shot but I think that there are a few people here into this type of thing….

After not finding what I was looking for on the net, I have come to my fellow monkeys for help. I’m still pretty new to Southern Cal. But was wondering if anyone knew of any off-road truck racing, (not in the desert but on a track) that goes on in Southern California. A friend and I were talking about going and checking something like this out, but can’t find anything……

Does anyone have any schedules or websites?

I know that this is WAY off topic, but thanks in advance! Any help is appreciated….

jeb4 :thumb:

Heres a couple good sites worth checking out.

http://www.desertrides.com/ and http://www.desertrides.com/links/ has TONS of links.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
mack said:
no no no, a 70's 2002, 2002 is the model #... there old. cept this one is in good condition. :rolleyes:
my mother is wack, gets drunk and buys a old BMX, then pays 1 g to have it shipped, then some more money to store it, and still refuses to chip in and buy me a car thank god i got 2 jobs now.
Just remember LB you can`t choose your parents ,BTW 69 is a better year round rear brake lamps :p :p :p :p ,but I would still like a 70 2002 Tii :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
1200 is a good price for a roundy, if it has litttle rust and a strait bod.

i would keep it.