Quantcast

So can Lance pretty much be assured he's got #7 in the bag?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
Basso and Ullrich better both hope Cadel and Rasmussen don't figure out how to TT...

I think he will only get better at the TT. He has the skill and his good showing at this TdF should only serve to motivate him further.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Echo said:
Basso and Ullrich better both hope Cadel and Rasmussen don't figure out how to TT...
I just can't imagine Rasmussen ever being all that great of a TTer (just to small) BUT his climbing could be off the hook.

Now Cadel on the other hand could be a a real problem. If he can even his effort.....he could certainly be a factor. He needs to get to a team that will put a tour winning effort behind him. This sprinter thing won't work (see Ullrich and Zabel).

The day after day is going to be what these two need to work on. (well Basso and Ullrich need that as well.)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I think DRB is on the mark.

Ullrich tries really hard at the Tour, and obviously he's way stronger than any of us and most of the planet. But even with distractions Lance has shown a 12 month committment to the Tour, and we've never seen than from Jan. Blame him, blame his trainers, blame his team, whatever - the fact is that he always needs to ride himself into top form at the Tour, and by the time he starts to ride with the best he is already chasing. In terms of natural ability he has always had all the tools but for whatever reason he "only" has one win - that's what I mean by unrealized potential. He's certainly accomplished a lot, but still.