Quantcast

So Close....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
What a missed opportunity!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-05/12/content_2947002.htm

WASHINGTON, May 11 (Xinhuanet) -- The White House said Wednesday that President George W. Bush was never in danger during an incident in which a hand grenade was thrown to the stage where he made a speech in Tbilisi, Georgia on Tuesday.

Asked if Bush's life had been in danger, White House spokesman Scott McClellan replied: "No".

"The Secret Service goes to great lengths to ensure that the appropriate security measures are in place," McClellan told reporters.

The US Secret Service said Tuesday that it was informed by Georgian authorities, after Bush left Georgia earlier on the day, of a report that a hand grenade were thrown within 100 feet (30 meters) of Bush during his speech.

The report said a Georgian security officer picked up the device and removed it from the area. Georgian security officials said Wednesday that the grenade was not in working condition.

"The Secret Service and the FBI continue to look into it. Thereare different reports about what happened and what exactly it was," McClellan said.

Bush spoke before an estimated 300,000 cheering Georgians in Tbilisi's Freedom Square before he left for the United States after a four-country trip that also included stops in Russia, Latvia and the Netherlands. Enditem
A bad throw and a bad grenade, and a bad day for the rest of the world.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Well, at least we know that he'll have pineapples shoved up his ass in hell for all eternity.

:thumb:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I'd be careful fellas what you write - I personally know someone who made an off hand remark about the then sitting president and now everytime the president shows up, this person "disappears" for several days before and after the visit.

I'm not poopin ya on this one................

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Damn True said:
So seriously, do you actually wish someone had been succesful with that grenade?
Seriously? No. I don't wish harm on anyone, and it's not my place to decide who should live or die.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Ciaran said:
Seriously? No. I don't wish harm on anyone, and it's not my place to decide who should live or die.
*claps*

Given some of the things people can sue for, I'd be careful what you said. I know people who have been kicked out of college for away messages on IM about their roommate...not that I think you'll actually get in trouble. But precautions are equals a good thing!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
caputo1989 said:
Why does every one hate bush?
I like the guy.

Stupid Democraps....
It is because the dorks REALLY want Vice President Chaney to be the President for the rest of Bush's term and then elected and re-elected for 8 more years on top of that.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
Andyman_1970 said:
I'd be careful fellas what you write - I personally know someone who made an off hand remark about the then sitting president and now everytime the president shows up, this person "disappears" for several days before and after the visit.

:stupid:

There was a student at UC Santa Cruz who made some flip remark in the campus paper last year about intending harm to the president. I saw the original item and thought it wasn't the smartest thing to say to a reporter.

Sure enough, the Secret Service came and paid him a visit, then invited him over to San Jose to the federal building for a lengthier discussion. It was in the local paper.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
N8 said:
It is because the dorks REALLY want Vice President Chaney to be the President for the rest of Bush's term and then elected and re-elected for 8 more years on top of that.
Like his heart would last that long.....(I can't believe you misspelled his name)

His assassination:

"President Cheney, would you care for a piece of peanut brittle from this perfectly ordinary can?"

"Why thank you! Don't mind if I....***SPROING!!!**....GAAAAK!! thud."

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
MMike said:
Like his heart would last that long.....(I can't believe you misspelled his name)

His assassination:

"President Cheney, would you care for a piece of peanut brittle from this perfectly ordinary can?"

That's pretty dang funny.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah I just saw a bunch of people from the land of the free telling us to be careful what you say, or the man might get you. Nice.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MMike said:

His assassination:

You know full well he had his heart removed years ago. :angry:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Transcend said:
rimshot please!

Offing the president wouldn't have helped, it is his entire cabinet that is retarded. I swear, they ride around washington in an armored short bus.
LOL :D

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Andyman_1970 said:

Well, If the government is reading this...........

BITE MY ASS