Quantcast

So here it is... 07 DHR!

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
I want (like MANY others) a low front end. 1.5 Allows a lower front end period!!

1.5 offers a 3/4" height rediction with no negatives, it is that simple.
Ok so the current 1.5 headtube offers you 3/4" reduction with a zero stack, this is why turner reduced the overall head tube length to accomodate for this:
HT Lengths 06: 4.5", 5", 5"
HT Lengths 07 3.7", 4.2", 4.7"
So for both the small and medium (sorry large) you have a .8" stack height savings before your headset ... and a chance to run a lighter CK headset... Granted if they reduced it and kept a 1.5 it would have some killer savings in height, but i think turners main objective with the 07 was to reduce weight, and the geometry changes they made while redesigning the dhr seem pretty spot on

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Ok so the current 1.5 headtube offers you 3/4" reduction with a zero stack, this is why turner reduced the overall head tube length to accomodate for this:
So for both the small and medium (sorry large) you have a .8" stack height savings before your headset ... and a chance to run a lighter CK headset... Granted if they reduced it and kept a 1.5 it would have some killer savings in height, but i think turners main objective with the 07 was to reduce weight, and the geometry changes they made while redesigning the dhr seem pretty spot on
Keep in mind, the frame is getting smaler. In my case, I would most likely ride a large 07 where as I currently ride a medium. So for me (and most guys at ~ 6 or so) the new headtube offers no advantage.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili

wow those are really short headtubes, exert caution when speccing forks guys because a drop crown on both med and small will probably not work.