Quantcast

So, how bad does this look?

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
your seat clamp should keep things nice and together . other than that its a nice pic of multi thickness tubing. but i would contact your c-dale dealer . cheers

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Curiouscaptian01 said:
it won't do for you... Send it out to me, so I can test it out for you.

No returns.
careful, we'll start calling you Laxincubus :devil:

fvck, I'm funny even when depressed nd drunk.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
LordOpie said:
careful, we'll start calling you Laxincubus :devil:

fvck, I'm funny even when depressed nd drunk.

haha, true.

ok second thought I did return it.. I swear I sent it back. UPS lost it I swear. It had trouble getting across the boarder. Just don't call my parents.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
T-Blazer said:
your seat clamp should keep things nice and together . other than that its a nice pic of multi thickness tubing. but i would contact your c-dale dealer . cheers
Hey there Victor! I actually contacted C-dale and they were VERY eager to have the frame warrantied. They are working on getting me a new one ASAP as I will be needing something for a little race I am involved in at Dalton :devil:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
HAHA thats pretty funny. my thomson seatpost is like that but on purpose to save weight, and not tapered in those places.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TreeSaw said:
Hey there Victor! I actually contacted C-dale and they were VERY eager to have the frame warrantied. They are working on getting me a new one ASAP as I will be needing something for a little race I am involved in at Dalton :devil:

Woah! whole new frame or just a new front triangle? Keep us posted on the C-Dale customer service as this progresses.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Warrantied? That that frame was painted and left the factory and was sold is absurd. If I was Cdale I'd want that back too just to save face and hope no one saw it. QA much? obviously not.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
spincrazy said:
Warrantied? That that frame was painted and left the factory and was sold is absurd. If I was Cdale I'd want that back too just to save face and hope no one saw it. QA much? obviously not.
I totally agree.

That's embarrassing. And cdale should do everything they can to buy your silence.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
So you bought a poorlybuttedseatube'dale. :think: :monkey:

Personally I would get as much wear out of the frame as possible before you warranty it. :devil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
LordOpie said:
I totally agree.

That's embarrassing. And cdale should do everything they can to buy your silence.
I am in the process of working a pretty good deal. The rep I talked to was quite embarassed and insistent that I needed to get this frame warrantied ASAP and that they would be willing to do whatever it would take to get the matter taken care of! :sneaky:

derekbob

Monkey
Sep 4, 2003
Chico
C-dale is doing the right thing and giving you a replacement and still ppl insist on bashing them. Well, if you ride a C-dale you know they rule so who cares what others say.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
TreeSaw said:
I am in the process of working a pretty good deal. The rep I talked to was quite embarassed and insistent that I needed to get this frame warrantied ASAP and that they would be willing to do whatever it would take to get the matter taken care of! :sneaky:
I have no doubt about that :)

I'm confused -- for lots of reasons ;) -- but I thought you recently got sponsored by someone else?

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Hmmmmm. I wonder what Cannondale tubes look like in places where you can't see the cross-section. No wonder they're cranking out 10 lb road bikes. Can you say "disposable"?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
LordOpie said:
I have no doubt about that :)

I'm confused -- for lots of reasons ;) -- but I thought you recently got sponsored by someone else?
No confusion there - my :heart: is with the SGS!!! I am SO jonesing to ride it too, but I promised the Jekyll that I wouldn't until after the race next weekend! ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I almost forgot to add the update!!!!

Earlin (my C-dale rep) is awesome!!! They are swapping out my frame, swingarm and rear shock!

Basically, they are getting my abused Jekyll 700 & it's shock and upgrading me to the Jekyll 1000 with a new FOX Float RL with Pro Pedal! :D

Now all I have to do it pick a color (and they're boring!!!)

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Awsome to see that you are being taken care of! Good to know there are companies out there still that understand customer service!

Post pics of the new frame when you get it!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
TreeSaw said:
I almost forgot to add the update!!!!

Earlin (my C-dale rep) is awesome!!! They are swapping out my frame, swingarm and rear shock!

Basically, they are getting my abused Jekyll 700 & it's shock and upgrading me to the Jekyll 1000 with a new FOX Float RL with Pro Pedal! :D

Now all I have to do it pick a color (and they're boring!!!)
DAYYYYUUUMMM!! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
TreeSaw said:
Hmmm...what to get, what to get? Turns out all Jekyll frames are the same! I can have any color I want :devil:
I'd go for the raw aluminum. Raw metal is damn sexy, hard to scratch and IMO it is much easier to clean off than a painted surface.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Cannondale actually has pretty dam good QA...I have a couple of friends wo work there and they put their bikes and any components that are going on that bike through more abuse than you will ever go through on the trail...

If I remember correctly they did have a manufacturing problem a couple of years back with just this problem...I think there was a recall...I know there was on the Gemini...

I also know a lof of early Jeyklls where breaking but that is beacuse they where originally made as a straight XC bike...once people started dropping or light freeriding on them they failed...because they where not designed for that...In recent years they have beefed up the swingarm and frame quite a bit so it can take more abuse...and this year they have a whole new bike coming out for agressive trail riding and freeriding...

Cannondale is quality...good stuff from good people who know what they are doing...

Tom