Quantcast

So how did YOU spend $10 today?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I got this! Brand new at the store! Advertised at $20 down from $49.99. I figure for $20, what the hell? It can live at my parents' place. It's a little small for Emily, but too big for Grace. But Emily can ride it for the rest of the season. So they ring my up, it comes up at $29. I ask what was up. Cashier calls managers bla bla bla. Through no protesting on my own they end up selling it to me for $10. I even confirmed that they were doing that on purpose. Everything was fine as far as they were concerned. So ok! I got a $10 bike!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Which reminds me....are coaster brakes adjustable somehow? Feels like the brake is dragging a bit.....and the chain's a little tight. GOtta scoot the rear wheel forward a tad. It's pretty hard to pedal right now.

drakan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2007
Virginia, USA
I spent about 2 bucks in gas getting to Riverbend park, then jumping off a log 20 ft above the water, and swimming in the river.
And I went for a bike ride
/win

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I got this! Brand new at the store! Advertised at $20 down from $49.99. I figure for $20, what the hell? It can live at my parents' place. It's a little small for Emily, but too big for Grace. But Emily can ride it for the rest of the season. So they ring my up, it comes up at $29. I ask what was up. Cashier calls managers bla bla bla. Through no protesting on my own they end up selling it to me for $10. I even confirmed that they were doing that on purpose. Everything was fine as far as they were concerned. So ok! I got a $10 bike!

my kid would be caught dead riding that....it's not even a Iron Horse ;)...D

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
Originally posted by DavidMakalaster
I got a Gurkha Gran Reserve Maduro Churchill for $10.60 from a buddy that works at a cigar shop. Mmmmmm
very nice

I got me an excalibur monteray torpedo for 8.50......good stuff.....:cheers:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Pfffttt.......Interrupted seat tube....

You're just jealous that such deals don't exist where you are.

Actually I was just informed that apparently that for once Quebec law worked in my favour. It would seem that the law states that if a store has a pricing mix-up up like the one I dealt with, the store has to give you a $10 discount. I am for this law.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I got this! Brand new at the store! Advertised at $20 down from $49.99. I figure for $20, what the hell?

So they ring my up, it comes up at $29. I ask what was up. Cashier calls managers bla bla bla.
Wait...

Are you retarded or was the cashier retarded for not telling you that you are retarded? $49.99 - 20 = $29.99 not $20. :crazy:

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
http://www.beetle-experience.com/care-aloeusl.htm

I had to cut down a dead magnolia tree in my back yard and found a bunch of Ox beetle grubs. I remember these guys from when I was a kid and I figured I'll try to raise a few into adulthood. I had a 10 gallon aquarium sitting around but I went out and got some pine shavings and potting soil to make a decent substrate for the ugly suckers. The grubs are about as big around as a quarter and around 3-4" long. Now I need to find out the optimum temperature so they don't just stay in the larval stage forever.

*edit* Just got a reply from the guy that runs that site and I should have adult Strategus Aloeus beetles in the spring. Bugs are awesome.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Holy crap! 60?!

I forget, what happened?

I think I took like 15 percs when I had ACL reconstruction. Don't get addicted. Mail me the leftovers.
I'm alright when it comes to pain meds. I have a really high tollerance to them where the hardcore stuff doesnt work very well.

I am getting shoulder surgery to hopefully tighten things up enough to stop future dislocations.