Quantcast

so i blew my romic

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
today it blew. allsk8sno had it since 03 i belive and it was fine. today i dropped a small rock in the woods and i noticed it had no rebound damping. i looked and there was oil all over. it appears to have come out where the compression adjust screw is. its too late to call romic right now but do you think they will hook my up? i am not the original owner. i know there are other threads about this. i will take it apart to an extent and look at it tomorrow, and if its something more than say an o-ring i will send it in. i hope the turnaround isnt too bad because mt snow is coming up.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Romic was super about rebuilding mine after the rebound went south after just a few rides, even though I had owned the shock for over a year. I had it back so fast they must have fixed it the day it came in.

(Took out my knee just after I got the Romic and didn't start riding again until a year later. Sad but true.)

Manitou did the same thing on a Swinger SPV coil that started "sucking", looked to me like they might have even given me a new shock. (The one I sent back was basically new though, so it could have been the same one.)

Amazing service from both.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Send it in my friend blew his up sent it in they sent it back he put it on his bike pushed on it and it blew up. So he called them they are sending him a new shock free and then he is sending his back they are rebuilding it and sending him so he has 2.

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
mcA896 said:
today it blew. allsk8sno had it since 03 i belive and it was fine. today i dropped a small rock in the woods and i noticed it had no rebound damping. i looked and there was oil all over. it appears to have come out where the compression adjust screw is. its too late to call romic right now but do you think they will hook my up? i am not the original owner. i know there are other threads about this. i will take it apart to an extent and look at it tomorrow, and if its something more than say an o-ring i will send it in. i hope the turnaround isnt too bad because mt snow is coming up.
I had similar problems with one older Romic. Check to see if the top eyelet (the rebound end of the shock) is loose on the shaft. At about a 1/2 turn loose you will lose all rebound control. Hope this helps.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
BUCKET said:
Better get 2 - your going to need a spare. :rolleyes:
huh. thats funny. ive been running a romic on my bike for a while now and havent had any problems. and bb7s have really high leverage ratios so i dont see what your problem is. sure they had a bad batch a couple years ago but ever since then there shocks have been fine.

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Bullitrider said:
I've been waiting for my Romic for almost a month and a half now. Of course it took several tries just to get them to answer the damn phone. Hopefully Whistler will still be open by the time I get it. :think:
Romic is a company that races what they make, During busy race months service is going to take a bit longer.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
lovebunny said:
huh. thats funny. ive been running a romic on my bike for a while now and havent had any problems. and bb7s have really high leverage ratios so i dont see what your problem is. sure they had a bad batch a couple years ago but ever since then there shocks have been fine.
Well then he has one that was from the bad batch.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
lovebunny said:
:nopity:

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
does anyone know if romic is going to be at the Mt Snow Nat'ls? If i send out my shock i doubt i would have it back in time for the races. ill try to find someone i can borrow a shock from, then get mine fixed at mt snow if romic is there and willing

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
mobius said:
Send it in my friend blew his up sent it in they sent it back he put it on his bike pushed on it and it blew up. So he called them they are sending him a new shock free and then he is sending his back they are rebuilding it and sending him so he has 2.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lovebunny said:

Then how do you explain Mobius's friends problem? :think:

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
mobius said:

Are you talking about Derrick?

Romic tech

Chimp
Jan 15, 2002
cal.
Hey Guys, The Romic trailer will not be going to the last 2 Norba races. If you need your shock serviced then call for an RA# and tell Brian that you need it back for the race and we will make it happen. I will be in Vermont but just to race. I will have some spare shocks so if you have a problem look for me.
Thanks
Roger@Romic

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Romic tech said:
Hey Guys, The Romic trailer will not be going to the last 2 Norba races. If you need your shock serviced then call for an RA# and tell Brian that you need it back for the race and we will make it happen. I will be in Vermont but just to race. I will have some spare shocks so if you have a problem look for me.
Thanks
Roger@Romic
Thanks Roger :thumb: I will call tomorrow, and see what you can do. If nothing can be done before Mt. Snow, expect to see me looking to borrow a shock!