Quantcast

so i called city bikes in adams morgan...

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
and the dude on the phone didn't know about ridemonkey :dancing: .

i had called to see if they had any lance bracelets left, cause i had seen them mentioned here. you guys working up there need to educate the young man. :dancing:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Goto galyans. and why would you bother hunting down the livestrong bracelet? I just walked into a galyans to get some stuff and saw it like 2 months ago and was like oh cool and grabbed it. Definetely wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
fasterTHANyou said:
have you tried to find one lately? tough to come by, i gave my 10 out, wanted another. heard they had 'em up there. sheesh. :think:
Someone on Craigslist DC posted last week that Hechts had them. 2nd floor, but didn't specify which location.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Heh yeah everyone wants one now a family friend came over with her daughter and they were like oh my god you have one where'd you get it i was just like uhhh i got it 2 months ago in galyans when i got a waterbottle they had em sitting up front. She was like oh my god i called everywhere looking. I was like oh why do you want one so bad she said because it was in (insert teeny mag here) magazine as the thing to have. I was just like oh i got mine cause i actually thought it was a good cause.

CowboyLeo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
2 oh 2
fasterTHANyou said:
and the dude on the phone didn't know about ridemonkey :dancing: .

i had called to see if they had any lance bracelets left, cause i had seen them mentioned here. you guys working up there need to educate the young man. :dancing:

Heh, I don't even work there any more, but I was helping out a few days ago answering the phone and watching the front and I pick up the phone. Some random woman who didn't seem to know anything about bikes or bike shops, tells me she's been looking all over for the lance bracelets.

I don't follow racing and fashion and all that bull (throw away your TV you'll be much happier) so I had no idea what she wanted some yellow bracelet for. She tells me its the new "cool thing" and I desperately try to surpress my laughter and try not to sound too sarcastic when I tell her "Uh... we're all out"

So I tell one of the guys who actually works there about the call and he tells me what the bracelets are really about. Now I'm reading on that other thread about how everybody's been getting them cause they're cool. That just made me feel sick :dead: