Quantcast

So I got this DJ bike...

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
...and I'm not feelin it. I come from a XC background with a little bit of freeride thrown in in the past years.

its a 09 kona shred. pretty much stock except azonic outlaw wheelset and its rear brake only and SS. I just got it week prior to Christmas, and haven't riden it much.

How much do you guys think it could go for if I sell it and switch back to XC?

thanks

Smacks-

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The problem is that you bought a Kona. Their DJ bikes aren't really that fantastic.

My advice: sell it, ride some xc for a while, save up some more money and get a different complete. Eastern Nighttrain/Thunderbird, Giant STP. Hell, with the economic crisis, I'm sure someone's selling a decent custom setup for next to nothing.

Good luck with getting back into the vibe!

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
yeh I went with the Kona because I have owned a few Konas and really liked them but yeh I guess the shred wasn't the right choice....some people have been givin me crap about selling it this soon, but if it's not for me, its not for me ya know?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Go for an eastern night train or thunderbird... STP is a bad idea, wierd geo. There are a lot of bikes out there.

Kona shred was a bad choice. Don't give this discipline of riding up just that fast.

I guess some people like xc and some people like dj and street. But the longer you stick with it, the more you can do and the more your horizon for riding will open up.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
my first dirt jumper was a kona scrap, it took me a minute to get used to it but it was not bad, the chain stay on them are longer so they are super hard to manual and the head tube angle just was not right. I then stripped it and put all the parts on a black market riot which was pimped out as time went on, by comparison the black market was just an awesome Bike, well built and just rode better, gave me moer confidence. Then i sold it and i ride a bmx now lol. :cheers:

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Is it the bike or you not liking jumping? you can fix the bike, sell it and get something with better geometry like said above a night train or blk mrkt complete.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
The problem is that you bought a Aluminum Kona.
fixed, their shonky frame is tight!
the nighttrain is a sick set up for cheap, and good DJ bikes are so much fun to ride. my advice: buy Floating on DVD and make a drive to a good skate park or find/build some good trails. Flowing a a well built DJ line is the best thing on two wheels, period.