So Im going to Scotland....

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
where are you going in scotland?
how long will you be over here?

couple of words of advice.
midges, seriously, its not a joke, in the hieght of summer, if you stand still for a few seconds you'll find you are surrounded by them, like mosquitos but not as bad, they bite, lots... and leave small itchy spots, as i said not dangerous, but they can be a major irritance.

football(soccer to you guys) world cup is on the next couple of weeks, so expect the majorioty of the country to be football mad during this time.

drink alcohol and lots of it or you will have the piss taken out of you.

hope you have fun over here.

kiwiintexas

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
If you get there chance head to Edinburgh for the Festival, worked there one year biggest Arts festival in the world, go check out the comedy shows and make sure you drink alot, just dont try and keep up with the locals.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
steve45 said:
<snip>
midges, seriously, its not a joke, in the hieght of summer, if you stand still for a few seconds you'll find you are surrounded by them, like mosquitos but not as bad, they bite, lots... and leave small itchy spots, as i said not dangerous, but they can be a major irritance.
As he said - no kidding. :dead:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Some advice:

Stay away from the Haggis.

Enjoy the beer, and roasted lamb.

NEVER order an American beer in a Scottish pub.

...and to stay in shape, run with the soccer hooligans at matches.

:)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
S.K.C. said:
Some advice:

Stay away from the Haggis.

Enjoy the beer, and roasted lamb.

NEVER order an American beer in a Scottish pub.

...and to stay in shape, run with the soccer hooligans at matches.

:)
Is 16 yo legal drinking age there?

Have fun man! I'm jealous.

So i rode some of the 7 stanes trails today and they are beautiful. I will post pictures as my camera gets a little fuller. I was too overjoyed to take too many pics but i have plenty of time to get them up. Oh and the sky has been blue for the past couple of days!

More to come latter.

BillT

Monkey
caputo1989 said:
So i rode some of the 7 stanes trails today and they are beautiful. I will post pictures as my camera gets a little fuller. I was too overjoyed to take too many pics but i have plenty of time to get them up. Oh and the sky has been blue for the past couple of days!

More to come latter.
Can't wait to hear more. My wife has a ton of family in Scotland and I told her the next time we visit, I want to take 2-3 days to ride some of the trails in the 7 Stanes network of trails.