Quantcast

So I'm in the Hospital

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Thankfully not for me.

I worked late today and wasn't able to make our regular Thursday ride. I get home, am winding down, open a beer and next thing I know my roomate is getting help through the front door bleeding all over the place.

Shin is split open like a mangina filet.

So, now we're sitting in the emergency room. Thank god for laptops and wireless internet.

Sucks too because I had this big riding trip planned for the three day weekend. Now I doubt he's going to be able to ride.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Bike wreck (sorry if it wasn't clear).

Group ride, he was passing another friend and hit something. Not sure what (it's dark and all). Tumbled over the bars. Both arms, shoulders, shin split down to the bone. He's fine. I'm just super bored waiting at the hospital for him to get stiches.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I demand carnage pictures !
F*#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I didn't think of that!!!!!! AAARRRGGGG.

I could get some with the stitches now, but it just wouldn't be as impressive.

The split was an honest two inches long. In the meaty part of your shin, not directly over the bone.
Required two layers of stitches. One for the meat, one for the skin.
And x-rays and a tetanus shot and stuff.

They made him cruise around on a wheel chair. Which made it pretty fun to mess with him, running him into stuff and pushing him into the corner of the elevator then not pushing the button.

Now he's on crutches. Which is pretty funny because he's never been on crutches before and is obviously no good at them.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I keep telling him to man up and walk it off. But apparently it hurts to put weight on.

I don't know. He's gonna be my cheerleader at the cccx dh race this weekend.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
JB Weld can fix anything. ANYTHING.
This is true. 15 miles into a 25 mile loop a rock decided to smack my buddie's engine case. Some jb weld and 40 minutes later, the problem was solved. He finished the ride with about a 1/2 quart of oil. (of course this just could be the fact that honda xr250s can run forever...)

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This is true. 15 miles into a 25 mile loop a rock decided to smack my buddie's engine case. Some jb weld and 40 minutes later, the problem was solved. He finished the ride with about a 1/2 quart of oil. (of course this just could be the fact that honda xr250s can run forever...)
No, no, no, it's the JB Weld. It's always the JB Weld. Words to live by...