Quantcast

So, I'm nearing well-done...now what?

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Spent Sunday at the beach. Coated multiple times in SPF30 throughout the day, but still managed to get crispy on my back. Anyone have any good ideas for curing sunburn quick? Been pouring on the Aloe, but it's still super tender....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My mom burns to a crisp with baby sunblock on too.

Soak in a cool bath with vinegar added to it....that's supposed to take the sting out of a sunburn. You can also "cool" the area by dabbing it with rubbing alcohol or spray on some vinegar (you can even soak towels in it and use them as a compress). Stay hydrated.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
The water-based vitamin E and aloe gels seems to help save the skin. I would stay away from any oils - no lotions, butters, etc. You want to keep the skin breathing and cool.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The water-based vitamin E and aloe gels seems to help save the skin. I would stay away from any oils - no lotions, butters, etc. You want to keep the skin breathing and cool.
Cocoa butter is also what I use on my tattoos. I've had good luck with it on sun burns too. Aloe works too, but I almost always have Palmers on hand.

Or you could go R. Kelly and get p'd on.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
The other bike related answer is to ride. That's right, throw on your favorite camelback and go for a really long sweat inducing ride. Since your skin is sunburned and probably "dead" whatever sweating that will occur will not make it through your outer pours, but better yet bubble up your back in what may look like your own version of bubble wrap. THen you, your closest loved one, or one of your buddies in that picture can easily take a squeege (sp?) and scrape it all off your back in one easy step.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FYI. You are more susceptible to sunburn when dehydrated. Start using SPF 45 and drink plenty of water/beer/wine/whiskey.