Quantcast

so my dad decided....

BlackAthlete

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
Jersey kids of rich parents I tell ya. Let me guess, you live in Mountain Lakes or Summit?

But seriously, go with 823's and Kings and have Ben at Martys in Morristown set you up. Tell him the BlackAthlete sent you and he'll hook up the discount.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
have 3 of them on 3 different wheels two are 135 and 1 is 150

they are actually aircorps but atomlab quality is second to none. (yes there are better ones but humor me)

u will like them alot

*also seen kid ride*

he needs something strong, i quote. so what lines are u taking this race? "i dont really know, i dont pay attention to the rocks"

Last edited:

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
i think you should go for hope pro 2s on either 823s or 721. they arent going to put you over budget much at all (it would be like 500 for a set off chain reaction cycles)
the hubs last and they have great service. i have ran them on 2 bikes now and annoyed i cant run one on my bike at the moment.
I have been hearing alot of mixed reviews with the atomlabs, i have seen two people ones stuffed up the other is fine. the hope on the other hand is alot more consistent.
*edit* just looked at chain reaction its 460 with the 150mm pro hub, fairly good price

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well money is not a problem.. i just thought i would go with atom lab, because i was messing with them the other day and they didn't feel that bad... but all the people here are saying they suck when they had them 3 years ago. i have checked out Hadley i like them a lot.. but i just figured i would try something different... but i guess I'm gonna have to look into them again.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
if your dad really wanted to help you out he would let you learn the right way that riding broken stuff aint real smart

did he screw your current wheels up? if so then sure, it makes sense that he is forcing you to get new wheels (as long as you are picking them out and he is paying for them...since he is the one that messed them up...right?)

but if you are the one riding them and you are the one that trashed your current set up, then man up and take some responsibility

or..just keep riding broken parts, you'll learn one day

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
OK. my wheels are 2 seasons old. and they are a early birthday present also. and i do not believe that my parents decisions are any of your business.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
I've been beating the snot of a some A.D.D.'s this season and I'd have to say they're a bargain for an off the self wheel set. Also, HOPE hubs...excellent quality for the $$.

J

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
let me guess, just "riding along", right? suuuure.
atomlab makes strong stuff, I had a set of TrailPimp rims and they were fckin' bombproof for over a season.

Yep your right, Riding along and it broke. Smart ass. The only good part iv'e had thus far from atomlab is my rear hub an aircorp hasn't broken yet. Trailpimps were ****ty and split apart the first day. The hub that dfensted or waht ever the hell name was ****ty two and broke riding in circles.