Quantcast

So the woman in front of is begging for a church discount

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
from fiesta, why? Religion is one of the most profitable businesses in the world.
And while I’m on this topic we should totally do away with their tax-exempt status.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Heidi
I don't understand. A church discount?

Yea they do it all the time (i worked in a grocery store for 6 years.)
ring ring:

Hi this is mrs tittycockcocka and i'm with "church" were having a party can you give us some free stuff or a discount on some expensive stuff.

me: ummm no. "because the god i know aint short of cash mr(s)."

mrs tittycockcocka: can i speak to your manager.

me: great hold on.....

manager: yep will give you $5 off of a $150 order.

Mrs tittycockcocka: thats great i'll be right over.

Something like that but usually more.

fyi if you have an organization that is having a function and your the first to any fiesta that morning and ask for some free stuff. They are authorized to give a $100 worth of free groceries without having to go through all the "channels" to get a donation. Keep that under your hats though
t

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i cater for a deli and they put a 10% delivery charge on all of their orders and we had a church call in a huge order and then say that they couldnt tip. my boss being the spineless creature she is said ok and left off the 10% DELIVERY CHARGE that i should have gotten instead of saying its a delivery charge bitch get over it. i guess if youre going toheaven you dont have to tip :mad:

TimothyL

Chimp
Jun 23, 2002
Houston,Texas
One thing that really pisses me off is their tax exempt status.One of the riches Baptist churches in Houston (second baptist) sold a bunch of land they owned on Woodway years back, which was prime real esate, to developers for god knows how many millions.
Now there are all these high rent retail stores and you know Second Baptist didnt pay a penny in taxes.
A couple of years ago I get these pious rich b*****s wanting me to comp plants for some fund raiser they are having for their poor little church as they drive up in their Lexus and Mercedez.I told them in so many words to f*** off!I dont care what path you choose to gain spiritual enlightnment but that has nothing to do with it.They are simply acting out in another arena filled with greed and pretention.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by TimothyL
One thing that really pisses me off is their tax exempt status.One of the riches Baptist churches in Houston (second baptist) sold a bunch of land they owned on Woodway years back, which was prime real esate, to developers for god knows how many millions.
Now there are all these high rent retail stores and you know Second Baptist didnt pay a penny in taxes.
A couple of years ago I get these pious rich b*****s wanting me to comp plants for some fund raiser they are having for their poor little church as they drive up in their Lexus and Mercedez.I told them in so many words to f*** off!I dont care what path you choose to gain spiritual enlightnment but that has nothing to do with it.They are simply acting out in another arena filled with greed and pretention.
I often wonder what Jesus must think about all these over the top "Church" buildings, and the other trapings of mega sized worship centers. There is a church in Olympia, Washington that SELLS espresso. In the church... For crying out loud. That said, the vast number of Churches are small beans, small buildings, trying to worship, and do the best they can trusting in God to provide what's needed. It's just no fun to talk about those...;)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Espresso in church....think that's bad?

I know a church in Tn that has a Golf Course and country club. They sell Beer and have a Bar!

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Originally posted by ummbikes

Only because they sell it....In the church....For profit....
100% true. And what do they use that profit for???? Not to help out the community i.e poor and homeless people.

Just because they go to church or call themselves Christian doesn't mean a darn thing, and it kills any possiblity of true Christian's and churches having a good rep, because people only see the posers.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Oh we have one with a mc Donalds and entrainment complex. One of the churches has gotten so large that they tried to rent the Compaq Center, rockets are getting a new arena . When that fell through they tried to buy the lot next to it, downtown real estate, tax free. They were almost laughed out of the city.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I'm going to try and not rant here too much...

I agree, and as a Christian I am having a hard time even finding a place to worship. The church I am a member of has a "Childcare Center" this was supposed to be for "outreach" to the community, but they charge $900 a month for full time enrollment! I can't even send my children to the daycare at the church we support! So the kids who attend are primarily the doctors and lawyers kids who live in the neighborhood. If the church wanted a ministry that mattered they would offer free or greatly reduced daycare to the public and then people would see that Christians are what we claim to be. BTW the center has 100 slots, we talking $90,000 a month in tutiton. Remember this is allegedly a ministry.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Making profits off coffee... ??? the church i goto don't even charge for coffee or food. except snacks (or everyone will come and get free candies etc...)

Churches need to put there trust in god...

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Espresso in church....think that's bad?

I know a church in Tn that has a Golf Course and country club. They sell Beer and have a Bar!
Whoa! I may have to put some more thought into my agnostic stance. Beern again Christian...I mean born? hehe.... :p

Aug 8, 2002
kamloops
well if you think about it, it's been like this for hundreds and hundreds of years, the church does everything to gain money and usually are more powerful than whoever is ruling the country at the time. man... i pay way to much attention in social studies:think: , well i guess thats why im getting a 'B' :D