Quantcast

So what are you getting for Christmas

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well this year I just TOLD people what I want instead of having them guess. I got these 2 things. :)
I'm not one for spoiling Christmas but it's hard for other people to get you the correct bike stuff.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I haven't asked for anything.

MBC and I bought season passes for skiing as presents to ourselves. That pretty much blew any budget right out of the water.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I hear ya stosh... hard to let people guess when buying you gear. I have no idea what I'm getting. I told my brother I wanted a light - gave him the link to the exact light I wanted at the speedgoat site so all he'd have to do is put in his credit card info. Not sure if he's going that route or not, but hoping...

Other than that, I have no idea.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Description DELL ULTRASHARP 2405FPW 24" LCD Monitor 24", 1920x1200, 12ms, DVI, PC (NEW) 3-year warr.
Manufacturer DELL
Specs-1 The 2405FPW wide aspect Flat Panel LCD also provides 12 ms response time to enable crisp clear images when using the display for fast motion video such as gaming or video editing. With 4 USB 2.0 ports, 2 located on the side.
Specs-2 Integrated 9-in-1 flash card reader allows easy access to download photos or files. It also supports advanced features such as PIP (picture in picture) and PBP (picture by picture) and can be activated with a touch of a button on the front of the display.
Included items Standard by manufacturer
Dimensions N/A
Shipping Weight (Lbs) 30
Upgrade options N/A
Warranty 3 Year Warranty
Manuf. part number T6133
Our part number T6133

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am trying to buy myself a park bike after I distract everyone with what I got them first. I'm also trying to get a new job with a fat raise for Christmas as well, then celebrate with a new park bike :D I don't ask for stuff, just because they have no idea what it is I ask for. Even if I include pictures.

I got the wife a new cordura saddle (for her horse, not her bike).

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Well, I got myself a set of Industry Nine wheels and am about to leave and go pick up a 1995 Subaru Impreza for myself. My parents were nice enough to help me with a loan so that I could get the car and still afford insurance. Pretty excited. And if things work out there might be a new race bike in the picture later this year.

As for what I'll be handing out, the parents are getting a nice bottle of wine from a local winery and some clipless pedals for my momma.

Still have to pick out stuff for the siblings.

I feel bad getting all this nice stuff for myself around Christmas time, but it just seems to work out that way. Found a killer deal on the car, needs some slight cosmetic work, but is in great condition otherwise.

The Ito

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Description DELL ULTRASHARP 2405FPW 24" LCD Monitor
Nice :thumb:

Got the 19" UltraSharp myself, very nice monitor.

I don't know what I'm getting this year :think:. Jenn was looking at a watch for me and wanted to find out if I liked it before she bought it, but the friggin' thing went out of stock everywhere on the planet and the manufacturer discontinued it :angry:.

So my presents are a mystery - I'll probably get a TV tuner card among other things from my dad.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
FOR THE WIN

Yea! It's on order. It's taking awhile for them to get all the parts together. She'll get a picture of the frame for Christmas and probably get the bike in January sometime.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
Yea! It's on order. It's taking awhile for them to get all the parts together. She'll get a picture of the frame for Christmas and probably get the bike in January sometime.
I've been tossing the idea around of upgrading my HT XC frame.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm not getting anything. I'd rather spend the holidy eating drinking and being merry with friends and family and not shopping for things peope told me they want or getting things they will never need.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I'm not getting anything. I'd rather spend the holidy eating drinking and being merry with friends and family and not shopping for things peope told me they want or getting things they will never need.
Actually I enjoy doing both. There are some people on our list I'm not real happy with shopping for but I love getting stuff for my family. My sis is a single mother with NO money so she can always use clothes or gift certificates to go out. My brother is in college with no money so I enjoy spoiling him a bit becuase I never had a big bro to do that for me. My mom and dad don't need a damn thing but it's always fun to get creative with what I get them.
about 80% of the people I buy/make gifts for I enjoy doing it for.

Christmas eve my family has a traditional Polish Catholic dinner which always F'ing rocks!!! Christmas day we bounce between families finally ending up at Aubrey's grandma's for a delicious turkey dinner.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
I've been tossing the idea around of upgrading my HT XC frame.

This will be my second purchase from them. The first was super smooth. The prices are very reasonable. If you want a complete bike send them a budget and they'll come up with some thing and you can work from there. I imagine if you wanted a frame and just a few parts they would work something out for you as well. I've been very pleased with them.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well since my birthday's the 24th I usually stock up on gifts, sometimes for myself :)

This year I gave myself a Specialized P1 frame and Minute 1:00 fork. It's in the shop right now getting prepped (faced, headset installed etc..) but when I get it back on goes the parts! E.13/FSA/Maxxis/Hayes Hydros/SIC. Should be a decent present :) I usually get something more expensive because I can use my birthday as leverage. Works with the parents since they know that you have to treat each day as if it were seperate, but it's starting to work with the girlfriend too. Everyone always asks if it sucks to be born on Christmas eve but it's not so bad.

I have no idea what the girlfriend/parents got me. That's a mystery. But I know the week after Christmas we're heading to Vegas so that should be fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Spunger said:
Well since my birthday's the 24th I usually stock up on gifts, sometimes for myself :)

This year I gave myself a Specialized P1 frame and Minute 1:00 fork. It's in the shop right now getting prepped (faced, headset installed etc..) but when I get it back on goes the parts! E.13/FSA/Maxxis/Hayes Hydros/SIC. Should be a decent present :) I usually get something more expensive because I can use my birthday as leverage. Works with the parents since they know that you have to treat each day as if it were seperate, but it's starting to work with the girlfriend too. Everyone always asks if it sucks to be born on Christmas eve but it's not so bad.

I have no idea what the girlfriend/parents got me. That's a mystery. But I know the week after Christmas we're heading to Vegas so that should be fun.
Are you dating McGRP?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I think I may get Ryan Leech's "mastering the art of trials" dvd.

I never ask for anything. I try and provide myself with the things that I want.

My g/f bought me some stylin' new threads while in a post-Thanksgiving shopping frenzy, but I had to try them on so they are no surprise.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
stosh said:
No he's dating like 3 girls and all their b-days are on the 24th or something.
No way! That'd suck. I couldn't imagine trying to buy 3 people gifts all the day before christmas. I feel bad enough having to have one other family buying me gifts the day before. Not like I can help it though.