Quantcast

So, what bolted away from me, ~50 yards tonight?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
A BIG ol' Mt. Lion, that's what.
Out in the Big Hole's, with my new dog maddie. If we had been two minutes earlier, it would have been behind us...no bueno.
As it was, I think we startled it, and it bolted...luckily, Maddie didn't see it.
But I did...and it was beautiful....and scary, kinda. I would say ~ 100 pounds.
I have much respect.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
A BIG ol' Mt. Lion, that's what.
Out in the Big Hole's, with my new dog maddie. If we had been two minutes earlier, it would have been behind us...no bueno.
As it was, I think we startled it, and it bolted...luckily, Maddie didn't see it.
But I did...and it was beautiful....and scary, kinda. I would say ~ 100 pounds.
I have much respect.

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
As crazy as this sounds I saw a mountain lion crossing the road in Pisgah Forest at 12:00 one night. I was confused as hell because it's definitely the only thing in that forest anywhere near that color and I could clearly see the muscles rolling in it's shoulders but I was in disbelief. It was about 100 ft in front of my car. I still convinced myself that me and my buddy were imagining it. Then about 5-6 weeks later I read a story about the park catching an ill mountain lion that had been scaring campers. That's a once-in-lifetime encounter. I also happened upon a 9' hammerhead and an octopus in one night dive one time. I've hedged my bets against seeing a komodo dragon cross the road anytime soon.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
As crazy as this sounds I saw a mountain lion crossing the road in Pisgah Forest at 12:00 one night. I was confused as hell because it's definitely the only thing in that forest anywhere near that color and I could clearly see the muscles rolling in it's shoulders but I was in disbelief. It was about 100 ft in front of my car. I still convinced myself that me and my buddy were imagining it. Then about 5-6 weeks later I read a story about the park catching an ill mountain lion that had been scaring campers. That's a once-in-lifetime encounter. I also happened upon a 9' hammerhead and an octopus in one night dive one time. I've hedged my bets against seeing a komodo dragon cross the road anytime soon.
keep smokin that stuff and you might

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've yet to encounter anything dangerous on a ride. There aren't many animals around here that can really hurt you (unless you count plowing into a deer in your car).

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
the Most danerous Animal I've seen on a Ride is a Human with a shotgun
Serially. The last time I went backpacking there were three jackasses shooting hand guns and a shotgun across the trail we were on. :disgust1:

Note: I have nothing against guns and own two, but I hate stupid, irresponsible gun owners.