Quantcast

So what is the reason?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
then we'll be warring over other stuff just like we have been for the last couple hundred thousand years.
Yes, but without oil, we'll be forced to engineer new forms of energy and technologies.

Then we can fight the next war with plasma cannons and genetic seeking bullets :D

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
"this is my plasma cannon; this is my gun"
Man, I hate to clean up the toilet after you shoot your self in the head with a plasma gun. There will be not just brains all over but that plasma to clean up. What a mess! If your drillserge is too hard on you, please give me a call and I'll sort him out.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the dollar hasn't and will not bottom out any time soon. The dollar is way too involved in global economics for it to become pointless.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
That's the whole point, doofus.
Fluff's Back Everything OK? Not a born again fundiepistatestalot. I hope not. Wallowing in mire is bottmless and you fight to get out of the bottomless mire by rising to the top.
You're the hater at the top now. Swedge these mouthmovingmorons those do nathing sludgparts and rip then all asunder.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Fluff's Back Everything OK? Not a born again fundiepistatestalot. I hope not. Wallowing in mire is bottmless and you fight to get out of the bottomless mire by rising to the top.
You're the hater at the top now. Swedge these mouthmovingmorons those do nathing sludgparts and rip then all asunder.
How is to be drunk when the rulers of the world are just waking up mate?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
the dollar hasn't and will not bottom out any time soon. The dollar is way too involved in global economics for it to become pointless.
It won't become pointless but it will continue to decrease in value because more and more will be paid for in euro's.
The biggest change towards this (that I'm aware of) was when Saddam Hussein in 2000 asked the UN if Iraq could be paid in euro's instead for $ for the food for oil program. That's why the US had to punish Iraq.

Later the OPEC under the lead of Hugo Chavez disided that all oil have to be paid in euro's, but they kept the pricing in $. That meant that countries that previously had 75% of their money reserves in $, decreased it to 25%.

That is a hard blow to the Empire, and it will probably only worsen.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
It won't become pointless but it will continue to decrease in value because more and more will be paid for in euro's.
The biggest change towards this (that I'm aware of) was when Saddam Hussein in 2000 asked the UN if Iraq could be paid in euro's instead for $ for the food for oil program. That's why the US had to punish Iraq.

Later the OPEC under the lead of Hugo Chavez disided that all oil have to be paid in euro's, but they kept the pricing in $. That meant that countries that previously had 75% of their money reserves in $, decreased it to 25%.

That is a hard blow to the Empire, and it will probably only worsen.

Both the dollar and the Euro are aboslutely worthless. They are paper with an arbitrary value assigned to them. The decisions you listed above were nothing but political in nature, it has nothing to do with any percieved value.

Now, back when we had a gold standard and the US dollar was a reciept as well as currency, we might be able to talk about value of the dollar.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Both the dollar and the Euro are aboslutely worthless. They are paper with an arbitrary value assigned to them. The decisions you listed above were nothing but political in nature, it has nothing to do with any percieved value.
I really want to hit you upside the head right about now.

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
I really want to hit you upside the head right about now.
Why? Because you don't understand the concept of money? Or you actually believe the dollar has some sort of value beyond an arbitrary number placed upon it by private corporations?

Paper money, historically, was nothing more than a reciept for something precious, most usually gold. It was redeemable for that amount of gold. That is why money was valuable.

Now, in the absense of a gold standard, money is essentially worthless. Yes, you may be able to buy goods and services with it, but the intrinsic value of it is near, or at 0 in current times, especially when you compare the purchacing power of the dollar over time.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Gold is just a rock, so it has no value either.

Now, when you consider that gold is a rock and the dollar is paper... well, paper beats rock.

Therefore you're a fvcking moron.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why? Because you don't understand the concept of money? Or you actually believe the dollar has some sort of value beyond an arbitrary number placed upon it by private corporations?

Paper money, historically, was nothing more than a reciept for something precious, most usually gold. It was redeemable for that amount of gold. That is why money was valuable.

Now, in the absense of a gold standard, money is essentially worthless. Yes, you may be able to buy goods and services with it, but the intrinsic value of it is near, or at 0 in current times, especially when you compare the purchacing power of the dollar over time.
If it is worthless, then can I have yours? I was just going to use it for kindling...

Uh, doesn't the governments of the world back up their own currency with their economic worth?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I wish you were in charge.