Quantcast

So What Makes Iran so Dangerous?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Iran is portrayed as part of the 'Axis of Evil', as a 'Rogue State' etc, but when you examine the evidence why is Iran any more evil than the US?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Simple.... they are dangerous cos they are not lackey's.
And due to the spin off from historical interference in Iranian internal affairs by the US, the American public is already pre-conditioned to view them as "The enemy" :nopity:
So they fit the bill of being bush's new whipping boy. *shrugs*

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Iran is portrayed as part of the 'Axis of Evil', as a 'Rogue State' etc, but when you examine the evidence why is Iran any more evil than the US?

give me a fvckin break.
we aren't controlled by a crackpot dictator who's hell bent on the destruction of countries with his soon to be completed nuclear capabilities, who don't adhere to his outlook.

and don't come back with the same old tired sniping about our current president.
it's played out.

so many of you who frequent this section of the forum are educated far past your intelligence.

and this thread and all the soon to be posted scathing remarks, are proof of just that.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
give me a fvckin break.
we aren't controlled by a crackpot dictator who's hell bent on the destruction of countries with his soon to be completed nuclear capabilities, who don't adhere to his outlook.

and don't come back with the same old tired sniping about our current president.
it's played out.

AHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaa......it doesn't make the old tired snipes any less a propos....

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
give me a fvckin break.

it's played out.

so many of you who frequent this section of the forum are educated far past your intelligence.

and this thread and all the soon to be posted scathing remarks, are proof of just that.
What makes you so sure that applies to Iran? Is Khatami crazy? Who have Iran invaded in the last 28 years?

If you want to make such statements please back them up with some reasoned arguments.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
give me a fvckin break.
You are aware your beloved "crackpot dictator" was popularly elected, right?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yes, we could learn a thing or 2 as to how to properly stone our fags & clothe our whore-ish bitches.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
yes, we could learn a thing or 2 as to how to properly stone our fags & clothe our whore-ish bitches.
That's more like it. An interesting comparison would be the number of people executed by the state (per-capita to be fair). Maybe I'll google.

Edit: So I did, for 2005 the USA executed 60, Iran 94. Population of USA: 300 million, Iran:68.5 million.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
according to commondreams, iran (population about a fifith of the u.s.) executed 159 to our 59 (2004 figures). to be fair, i believe they have a broader definition of a capital offense, to include various crimes against islam - most notably apostasy.

interestingly, california has executed 1% of those convicted of a capital crime. iran's justice is rather swift, especially in the case of last month's bus bomber

my spidey senses tell me you're finding similar numbers now.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
So there is certainly a strike against Iran as regards capital punishment and I daresay that corporal punishment would follow the same pattern.

That does not make Iran any threat to the rest of the world, which is an aspect of the propaganda that is being heavily pushed right now.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Whats dangerous about Iran? The same thats dangerous about the Midwest: Religious nutjobs run the show