Quantcast

So what's the story been around RM for the last 4 weeks?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Andyman_1970 said:
When we had Noah, he wouldn't latch so my wife ended up pumping for like 7 months.......I think at 2 weeks old he was like getting 2+oz. every 3 hours. The pumping and bottle feeding should get her up to speed in no time.............(not like I'm an expert or anything....LOL)
Thanks! She latches on fine, but I am now officially a machine between feedings and pumping. Oh well...it's what's best for her and it gives me a little break when Daddy is feeding her (and he loves it)!!!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
DRB said:
How can he claim to be king with someone's fist up his butt?

KY.... with enough Ky you can fit a bowling ball up your ass (ask N8)

While you were gone, I denounced your rule and tried to hail MMike as the new all knowing leader. However, as far as I can tell my attempted coup failed and everybody still hates MMike.

Feel free to behead me if you like.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Thanks! She latches on fine, but I am now officially a machine between feedings and pumping. Oh well...it's what's best for her and it gives me a little break when Daddy is feeding her (and he loves it)!!!
I liked feeding Caroline a bunch. I just get frustrated now. She won't eat for me, and she pees on Julie when she changes her.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
I liked feeding Caroline a bunch. I just get frustrated now. She won't eat for me, and she pees on Julie when she changes her.
:( Weird....Syd likes to pee on everyone but me when she gets changed. She eats well with a bottle though, so we're lucky in that respect. Sometimes she takes a couple of frustrating minutes to realize that it's food, but she generally comes around. What type of bottles are you using? Maybe she doesn't like the nipple design?

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
:( Weird....Syd likes to pee on everyone but me when she gets changed. She eats well with a bottle though, so we're lucky in that respect. Sometimes she takes a couple of frustrating minutes to realize that it's food, but she generally comes around. What type of bottles are you using? Maybe she doesn't like the nipple design?
I like the disposable nipples we got at the hospital, but don't know the brand. I think they are Gerber. I have tried Advent, but the slowest one flows too fast. She just prefers to not have it now. I think she would rather just look up at me and stare.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
I like the disposable nipples we got at the hospital, but don't know the brand. I think they are Gerber. I have tried Advent, but the slowest one flows too fast. She just prefers to not have it now. I think she would rather just look up at me and stare.
Awwww, she's just interested in gazing up at her daddy ;) We're using the playtex premium nurser system because it fits right up to my pump and it works well. The slow flow nipples were a little fast at first, but I think she's gotten used to them now.

J

JRB

I wonder if DRB is excited that we turned this thread into a boob thread.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
and she pees on Julie when she changes her.
something I learned to do to combat this was to open the diaper quickly, and gently blow on her belly then shut the diaper real quick and Emma would finish up... then I could take the diaper off.

also I would always put an open diaper under the one she had on, so when I went to change her I would gently lift her by her ankles and slide the used diaper out... the new one would be right there...

not that you didn't already know any of this but comparing notes is always good!

J

JRB

I don't have the problem. It's just Julie, but I will pass along the tip. I did get pooped on a couple of times, so yes, the diaper is like Ciaran's shield for me. :thumb:

brungeman said:
something I learned to do to combat this was to open the diaper quickly, and gently blow on her belly then shut the diaper real quick and Emma would finish up... then I could take the diaper off.

also I would always put an open diaper under the one she had on, so when I went to change her I would gently lift her by her ankles and slide the used diaper out... the new one would be right there...

not that you didn't already know any of this but comparing notes is always good!