Quantcast

So what's the verdict on the Deer Valley Slalom?

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Looks like that 4X race is gonig to go to the Squat Rack Champs. I PULL YOU. Lame. Way to go Norba.:( :nonono:
Pvssies think DS is better than MTX. EEWWW no contact. Were the only country still running DS. The Norba events only have two or three MTX races in the series, all the rest are DS, so you are getting what you hoped for. Good luck getting ready for a UCI 4X race after training on a Dual course.

LaytonDH

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
UT
Salty4X said:
Looks like that 4X race is gonig to go to the Squat Rack Champs. I PULL YOU. Lame. Way to go Norba.:( :nonono:
Pvssies think DS is better than MTX. EEWWW no contact. Were the only country still running DS. The Norba events only have two or three MTX races in the series, all the rest are DS, so you are getting what you hoped for. Good luck getting ready for a UCI 4X race after training on a Dual course.
That's a 4x course. DV isn't running dual

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Salty4X said:
Other than most racers perfer DS over 4x it seems. NORBA 4x doesn't help anyways, they use a different start gate, and since 4x is all about your start, it's not any help.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
How far is the drive from Deer Valley?

I was thinking of driving out from Virginia, hitting the race at Snowshoe, hitting the Deer Valley National, driving into Reno for some training, and then going down to Infineon NMBS #5 in Sonoma.

But from the sound of things it appears that the Deer Valley is going to be even more cocked up then the Mount Snow race was. Is the DH worth the trip, or should I just fly out that way as opposed to an epic road adventure?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Tattooo said:
How far is the drive from Deer Valley?

I was thinking of driving out from Virginia, hitting the race at Snowshoe, hitting the Deer Valley National, driving into Reno for some training, and then going down to Infineon NMBS #5 in Sonoma.

But from the sound of things it appears that the Deer Valley is going to be even more cocked up then the Mount Snow race was. Is the DH worth the trip, or should I just fly out that way as opposed to an epic road adventure?
Ehhh...around an hour, prolly. The DH isn't bad. This 4X business is uberlame, though.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I completely agree. On one hand I could use the practice, but that isn't 4x, its BMX on a heavier bike. Uber lame.

Any more description of the DH?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
bring out your racing slicks everyone! ahaha ... these norba races get more & more comical. Someone please tell me how this bmx track is a gravity event!? ahah.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Tattooo said:
I completely agree. On one hand I could use the practice, but that isn't 4x, its BMX on a heavier bike. Uber lame.
Any more description of the DH?
It looks like it'd be fun to ride but I agree, it isn't 4x as a national should portray it!! If anything at least they actually designed it specifically for 26" bike (the actual BMX track is sitting next by)