Quantcast

So who is training hard during this off season?

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
- Strength train 5 days/week
- Cardio 5 days/week for 30 to 60 minutes depending upon activity
- Skiing in VT on the weekends, or resting

Oh, and chasing my "almost 4" year old around burns the most calories...

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
become a student, then you stay thin forever, becuse lack of money for food....lol and you have to run away from the campus po po...keeps you fit...lol
you forgot one minor detail, become a student in england :p
i feel your pain man, sucks big time... though i am going to have a nice big lunch of sainsburys ravioli....

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
you forgot one minor detail, become a student in england :p
i feel your pain man, sucks big time... though i am going to have a nice big lunch of sainsburys ravioli....
uhmmm yum yum, yeah im on the old tesco bacon for lunch today, thats a treat, normaly its hinz bakebeans...yum yum

oh yeah i do ride ever weekend and was jogging everyday but i forg this last week

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Been in the gym 6 days a week

MWF: 30 minutes med spin on the bike, then weights
TRS: 15 minutes med spin on the bike, 30 min endurance "mountain", 30 min sprint intervals, 15 min low/med cool down

Lots of stretching too, that's one of my weak spots for sure. Now I just need to get the bikes built up and a little more snow to melt, i'm dying to see some dirt again. Snow biking is always fun though, keeps it interesting.

And sweet, delicious beer on the weekends :monkeydance:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
uhmmm yum yum, yeah im on the old tesco bacon for lunch today, thats a treat, normaly its hinz bakebeans...yum yum

oh yeah i do ride ever weekend and was jogging everyday but i forg this last week
uhh... i cant stand baked beans... havent been out is at least two weeks, so i can afford pretty ok food, but not enough of it. :p

as for training, this year isn't going to be that good... lost a bit of weight from starving already... and all i get to ride is twice a week, with the xc guys.. its doing me good but i wish i had time for gym....

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I have been sitting on the couch with my son watching Supercross and all my Mountain bike race videos!!!!! No, I try to go to the gym 3+ days a week and have been running a lot. I get one ride in on the weekend. Looks like I will be slow this year!!!!:thumb:

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
I've never seen anyone refridgerate their Captain. You sir, are a gentleman AND a scholar!
yeah i don't usually, but it made for a better photo.

and the hoegarden's were more expensive per bottle than the magnums:shocked:

and sam- i don't think i'll be at the open... i've got to take a may-semester class, and the angelfire national/mountain states cup is calling my name.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Training? HA
1. Drink too much coffee
2. Stare at Excel all day
3. Tell other people to train

The cofee and stress keep the heart in good shape.
Work on core strength by shoveling off the DH runs so other people can ride them.

The local training crit series starts on Sunday, so I'll continue to work on the core strength by puking as much as possible.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
massive ammounts of situps and push ups all winter long...as well as a good diet...i'd say im all set for the season at this point...

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Lets see:
I am taking weight lifting at school. I run cross country aswell. I'm not very fast or strong, I can only bench 115 and run a 6 minute mile. I'm 5'11", 135 pounds. I wanna bench 135 atleast by the end of school year.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Wait till you get older, you'll wish for 190! I remember I worked so hard when I was 17 to hit 165 and I couldn't do it for the life of me. I became lazy for a year late in college and passed that mark with a nice belly! :) Had to work to get below 165 and be lean
haha im sure thats the case.

so i should drink a full beer opposed to light? gotcha!

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
I'm pretty much fycked for this season as far as fitness goes. I haven't ridden my bike in nearly 3 monthes now, when usually by this time of the year I have 4-5 races under my belt and am riding DH runs 4 times a week.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I rode my bike 2x in 2006 & 2x this year so far.

Building a jump course in my mother in laws back yard, & another 4' jump hopefully down close by my house to session daily.
I'm outa shape for real. I ride like Kovarik for about :45 & then i am toasted !
It's now or never, 2007 is going to be awesome!

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
hmm...training I have been going to the skatepark about two days a week. Other than walking a ton at work the only thing I have been doing lately is laying on my back wrenching on my Jeep.

I am not sure about racing this summer, but riding I will be doing a ton of. Starting in April I will be spending all my time building trails and test riding them.

I just have not had the motivation to "train" this winter.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I've lost 14lbs in the past week. All muscle.

Being 6'1" and going from 148 to 134 is not cool.

**** being sick.