Quantcast

So...

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
How was snowshoe this past weekend? Any pix. The usopen was fun but i broke my finger off and im in a cast now. So lemme see some pics since i cant go out next weekend now!

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
It was great they were running the lift on the western territories the whole weekend. On saturday it was pretty muddy but fun, but on sunday it was completley perfect. Sorry I dont have any pics to much ridding to do and no taking pictures.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Bearmntpicnic said:
It was great they were running the lift on the western territories the whole weekend. On saturday it was pretty muddy but fun, but on saturday it was completley perfect. Sorry I dont have any pics to much ridding to do and no taking pictures.
So Charlie, were these two Saturdays from parallel universes? ;)

I'd love to see some pic's too. Hopefully someone has some. I had some great riding myself this weekend up in highland county.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
The boys did another great job of trail maintenance for the start of the season.:thumb: They re-routed the portion of the sport course that leads to the rock garden - it's much better. Upper Quick Draw is now nicely burmed and a whole lot faster - lower is still rocky and tech.

Power line was really nice on the day it was open, but trail poachers made some ruts in the takeoffs of the tables on the day it was closed.

All in all it was an excellent weekend, and I'll be back this weekend! Sorry, no pics, and I didn't see anybody taking pics either.:think:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Mattoid said:
Friday, muddy and fun. Saturday, a little muddy and fun. Sunday, hot n' dry and fun. :)

Hows the finger?

Snapped clean off. Seeing a surgeon tmrw to see if i need screws or plates. 4 weeks off the bike is my guess but ill just shoot a bunch of photos in the mean time.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Great weekend. Got up there Friday around noon. It had rained in the morning so it was sloppy. Did 2 runs before the bottom dropped out and rained again all night. Sat. started out messy but just got better as the day went on. Sunday was as close to perfect as it getts up there. Monday It was actually a little dusty

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I got gready in qualifiers and went to fast and drifted off the course down the hill into a boulder. It is a clean snap but because of the area tomorrow i am getting a plate put in and my season might be over and my bike will be for sale.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
mobius said:
I got gready in qualifiers and went to fast and drifted off the course down the hill into a boulder. It is a clean snap but because of the area tomorrow i am getting a plate put in and my season might be over and my bike will be for sale.
Crap, Andrew, that sucks. Heal up fast. I was looking forward to shredding the Shoe with you again.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Hah thanks man. Just make your trip in late august. I have surgery in an hour and will be out for 2 months probably.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Had surgery yesterday. They found out i shattered my growth plate in my index finger. 1 plate 4 pins. All titanium for weight savings.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
mobius said:
Had surgery yesterday. They found out i shattered my growth plate in my index finger. 1 plate 4 pins. All titanium for weight savings.
Did you get them to drill out some bones while they were in there? I bet they could have shaved a solid gram off of you.

Hope your thumb heals up quick man!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
drew
i shattered my hand at wgreen in 03 (memorial day weekend) and 11 weeks later i was wakeboarding, by late september, maybe not even that long, i was back at wgreen (labor day i think)

you are WAY younger than me so you'll be back on the bike in no time.

i had 4 fractures, 2 dislocations, 3 temp pins,1 permament plate w/5 screws, and 2 permanent screws (5th metacarpal and capitate were screwed, 4 metacarpal was plated) temp pins went across width of hand for stability, 2nd and 3rd 'carpal were forced by the impact on top of the schaphoid (sp?), 5th had a simple break, 4th was comminuted (multiple fractures) fractured capitate (wrist bone) and trapezhoid (thumb bone)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
ridetoofast said:
drew
i shattered my hand at wgreen in 03 (memorial day weekend) and 11 weeks later i was wakeboarding, by late september, maybe not even that long, i was back at wgreen (labor day i think)

you are WAY younger than me so you'll be back on the bike in no time.

i had 4 fractures, 2 dislocations, 3 temp pins,1 permament plate w/5 screws, and 2 permanent screws (5th metacarpal and capitate were screwed, 4 metacarpal was plated) temp pins went across width of hand for stability, 2nd and 3rd 'carpal were forced by the impact on top of the schaphoid (sp?), 5th had a simple break, 4th was comminuted (multiple fractures) fractured capitate (wrist bone) and trapezhoid (thumb bone)

And then he gets mad at NoName for making jokes about his nickname being "Hospital..."

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Bike is for sale just to see. If i dont get what i want im going to rebuild it with all new suspension to chopoff some weight and some new brakes and wheels will be bought too.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
mobius said:
Bike is for sale just to see. If i dont get what i want im going to rebuild it with all new suspension to chopoff some weight and some new brakes and wheels will be bought too.
Sorry to hear about your finger. So you're going to take off the Avy, or just the Shiver?

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Nose picking..that's funny,don't make me laugh it hurts ,as that weird little sweeping left turning shoot thingy that broke Andrews finger clean off got me too and broke/brused my ribs (not sure which).
Come on Andrew ,go to the Sugar National, we will ductape your hand to the bars, you'll be fine, suck it up man! seriously though Heal up Quick. I am going to give the Nationals a shot, went to the BMX track thursday and it HURT! .My buddies will call me a pussy if I don't go, can't have that.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Thats Gnarly Andrew!

Will the screws/plate be in there for good?

I saw that spot in the course take a few people out... I had one close call.

Heal Fast!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
WOW!Looks like I got bushwhacked. I thought I g-ed out at the top and got bucked down the shoot, but it looks like the bush knocked me off balance. All I know for sure is it hurt for 2 weeks.
Hey Corey are you going to whitetail?

philsthrills

Chimp
Apr 4, 2004
York, PA
As a service to the monkeys, I thought that I would cut out the unimportant stuff and just post E.C. eatin' it so you can watch it repeatedly. Click HERE and enjoy.

:)

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
HAHAHAHA EC nice wreck. Mine was to the left (when watching vid) of where u were and straight into the rock.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Ouch, the rock ? damn!. I wish someone had filmed yours too. It's kinda cool seeing what really happened, I really thought I was pretty much in the air down that shoot, but it seems that I was just unweighted and obviously a bit off balance. funny thing is when it was happening I remember thinking ,I got this ,no problem I can hold on to this, this aint over, lol. then blamo...my old ribs still hurt a little.
How's your finger healing up, you coming to Whitetail ?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Finger is still broken. I see the doc on wednesday to get xrays and itll be a month since surgery. I still dont have full motion and probably won't for awhile but it is a lot stronger then it was 2 weeks ago.