Quantcast

Socal DH video spot

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Rich Houseman in a little DH action in Laguna.
Check it out:

Thanks to fellow monkeys Taylor Greathead (Cinematographer) and Scott for their hard work!

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
We had a blast shooting it (well, besides all the thorns & sunburns our crew scored).

Taylor was a trooper. :cheers: He was shooting with Turkey Toe.

More Viral vector videos to come...

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
We had a blast shooting it (well, besides all the thorns & sunburns our crew scored).

Taylor was a trooper. :cheers: He was shooting with Turkey Toe.

More Viral vector videos to come...
I'm kinda bummed there's not a picture of me buried in one of the thorn bushes. All I have is my memories and scars :banana:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I just saw the media montage video. I like all that random stuff together. What song is that?

In the part that is like an old movie, was that filmed with an old camera, or just overexposed and made to look old?

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
I just saw the media montage video. I like all that random stuff together. What song is that?

In the part that is like an old movie, was that filmed with an old camera, or just overexposed and made to look old?
Thanks! The song is PERFUME by Sparks. The footage for COMO SUENO was shot a long time ago, but that is not why it looks that way. :biggrin:

It was shot on Super 8mm film, overexposed, and that version is actually transferred from a VHS tape. It is a miracle there was any image left after all that! The camera was about 30 years old. Subscribe to that site, there will be much more posted soon.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Cool! How do I subscribe to it?

I added you to my friends list on youtubes so i can see new videos.
Okay, yeah I saw you & accepted. I think you can susbcribe to my directors account, so you will always see my new stuff. But if I have you down as a friend, I am sure you will get updates also. Thanks. I will have a bunch of more stuff getting posted as I get a chance to cut it all. I fly to Kentucky this weekend to do a little shooting, then it's off to Portland to shoot a rockumentary.
I will be fixing that audio problem tomorrow.

mxnmtber

Chimp
Oct 17, 2006
San Diego No Co
Holy Sh$t that looks like a tight trail...a few more hits and we call it A-line so-cal...so who do I have to beg to get me up there one of these weekends...FYI i'm in SD, got room for shuttling...I'll be happy to dig too...late!

dhmtbman1

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
SOCAL
love taht video would love to ride taht trail sometime great filming how exactly did you film it did u run the trail once and film with a gripload of peeps or run it many times with different angles?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
love taht video would love to ride taht trail sometime great filming how exactly did you film it did u run the trail once and film with a gripload of peeps or run it many times with different angles?
many times, only reason to film one run with a gripload of peeps is if you can't do it many times for some reason.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Nice video! Is the end of that from another video you posted?

I just saw those death valley pics..they are so good. He needs to shoot a lot. Death Valley is a really cool place. I want to take pictures there with my 20D which I didn't own the one time I went.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Nice video! Is the end of that from another video you posted?

I just saw those death valley pics..they are so good. He needs to shoot a lot. Death Valley is a really cool place. I want to take pictures there with my 20D which I didn't own the one time I went.
Thanks! The promo is a compilation of footage to a feature-length doc on the artist which we will be selling later this year. Each song will pretty much have it's own music video imagery, separated by interview segments. That promo had some footage from the "Change In Us" music video we finshed about a month ago.

Yeah, my brother's D.V. pics are cool. He needs to keep shooting. We will probably go there & Joshua Tree in May to shoot more music video footage for the Fernando rock doc.