Quantcast

Sol Vista

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
Sol Vista should be fun this weekend, although I hope lift lines are not too long. Hooks for bikes and increased efficiency are lined up for the G3 event but not in place yet. We are currently building a slalom course, and while it is not done yet as far as features, everyone is welcome to bring up slalom bikes for a session after the lift closes at 3. It's free, it's fun and the trails have some flow.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Steve, can you please post some more details about the mtn and what your future plans are? i've heard alot of people asking questions about it and it would be great to have some answers. Heres a few that i have heard.

When will the slalom be built? where will it be on the mountain?
Will there be more trails built?
Whats the elevation? lenght of runs?
When wiill there be some ammenitites(toilets, food, etc) at the base?
Whats the plan for next year?
Can we help build?

Thanks for all your hard working getting this going! The trails are super fun and a great change from keystone.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I like the idea of more efficient bike haul, but the current system brings one bike up at a time, like most places, so no big deal really.

Are there plans for catwalks?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Those are good questions, but I have a few more.

When did you realize that you were different from the other boys in school?
Do you think its funny to build berms that are too small?
Why do you keep looking at me like that?
Would you like a cheeseburger?

good luck in snowmass steve

Oh yeah, Sol Vista is the sh1t. And to answer some of those questions, the slalom is built now, its just to the right up the hill from the lift base. Yes there will be more trails next year. Its about 1000 feet, a pinned dh run down 1 or 2 is about 2:30, normal pace its 3-something. Trails 3 and 4 take about 4 minutes. The lodge at the base will be done next year. I know they are still wokring out details on next years plan, but from what I have heard they want two more dh trails and a 4x course.