Quantcast

solid rim and tire setup?

k2nw00

Chimp
Apr 14, 2009
so new to this website and mt bikin a little. pretty much wanting to make my hardtail a dirtjumper kinda. i got a k2 zed 3.0. ive done a little stuff on it. for some reason the bike came with a lot better stuff on it then it was originally suppose to and i got it brand new. im about to do the single sprocket conversion up front pretty soon but keep the back as is. But anyways whats a almost undestructable setup. rim,tire, and tube? dont got the biggest budget also so keep that in mind too. haha.

steven.:twitch:

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Azonic Outlaws with either Maxxis Holly Rollers , Kenda Smallblock 8s or intense Micro Knobbies. If you are riding urban I would use DH tubes other wise if you are a smooth rider on dirt you can get away with regular tubes.

Last edited:

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
I run pimplites on a H-Roller on the front and a Specialized Rythm control out back, both with standard tubes and never had a problem....

BlackHornet

Chimp
Feb 25, 2008
atomlab pimps are really strong and the price is comparable to other wheels, if you are a new rider then i would suggest getting the pimps over the pimplites because they are a little bit stronger. Im 200 pounds and run a set of pimps and the rear is pretty strong. ive taken 4 or 5 foot drops to flat and nothing happened