Quantcast

Some chest cam from Switzerland

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Track called dorenaz that we rode on the weekend, bit rough at the start but smoothens out.

Cam is on an Austrian guy called Walter with an awesome accent, following me on a red sunday. JT (contactjt on here) is in front of me later on a yellow scott, and we're struggling to keep up.

Click HD and watch on vimeo, it's way better:

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
Stabilized movies are sooo 2010... seriously, this shaky footage retains so much more spirit of the trail that I unconsciently need to squeeze some grips and brakes while watching.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Cool vid! Some nice gaps and step downs. Nice speed at the end of the vid. However, unwatchable, due to terrible wobbling sometimes. Did you use tape under GoPro's chest harness clip?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah the section from 3:55 is my favourite, couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Sorry about the shaking, it's not my camera and it's pretty rough in sections. Will try the tape trick if I buy one for myself, I really want one.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Wow that makes me even more stoked that I'm riding after work today! Great looking trail and good riding! That steep section in the middle looks like a lot of fun too.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
two small pieces of electrical tape on whichever base plate you are using prevents a lot of the "clicking" you normally hear as well as making the snap clip fit snugly on the base plate.

the tape is a bit chewed up in this pic, but you get the idea.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
two small pieces of electrical tape on whichever base plate you are using prevents a lot of the "clicking" you normally hear as well as making the snap clip fit snugly on the base plate.

the tape is a bit chewed up in this pic, but you get the idea.
I use aluminum tape similar to isolation tape for chimneys, but thicker. It has hard surface and doesn't wear. I'll post a pic once I am at home.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I use aluminum tape similar to isolation tape for chimneys, but thicker. It has hard surface and doesn't wear. I'll post a pic once I am at home.
you can still slide the clip on if its thicker? the electrical tape is already hard (which is good) to slide the clip on.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I just re-watched in HD on my home computer...that lower, swoopy section through the woods is amazing...can't wait for the season to start!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Nice Udi! Dorenaz is such a fun spot. Looks like JT was pinning.

No footage from Bex the day before?
Yeah we have some footage of you too from Bex, but unfortunately it's close to unwatchable because some genius from ireland thought it'd be a good idea to mount the cam on his handlebar!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Yeah we have some footage of you too from Bex, but unfortunately it's close to unwatchable because some genius from ireland thought it'd be a good idea to mount the cam on his handlebar!
:rofl:

Why do you think we got rid of him

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
The lack of music makes that video so much better...the spontaneous bursts of joy, the occasional gasp, I swear I could even tell when you held your breath when you needed to focus 110%...almost like being there. Man I love riding...