Quantcast

some evil was left at my door this morning...

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
lucky for me its the kind I like!!

drooooool!!

wahoooooooo, big thanks to the evil guys!!! Can't wait to get this thing built up:D :D :D :D :D

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
I think you need to ship that to me so I can check it for quality assurance. I mean look the yellow doesn't match in every picture... there is deffinately a problem there...

Trust me I'll take care of it for you! ;)

sweet lookin!

I agree with binary visions what's the build look like?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Whoa! what box is that?! The real box must have gotten destroyed in shipping and UPS re-boxed it I guess??! Crazy!

Im psyched for you Jay, been talking about this one for a long time! That metallic yellow is looking hot too, good choice. Have fun!

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
DW, is that a speed hole on the non drive side dropout, or part of the grind plate mount?
Its BOTH!! :D

haha
speed holes

Actually, that hole is on every Imperial since day 1. Originally we planned to offer bolt-on dropout kits that would let you keep the same geometry with 24 inch wheels. We also wanted to make a bolt-on grind guard for the dropout. Decided to go all the way and make the bolt ons like we had on the Imperial Alpha prototye frames and Seths 2002.9 14mm prototype, so we never made the kits.

dw

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by dw
Whoa! what box is that?! The real box must have gotten destroyed in shipping and UPS re-boxed it I guess??! Crazy!

Im psyched for you Jay, been talking about this one for a long time! That metallic yellow is looking hot too, good choice. Have fun!

dw
so i guess that where my headset and reducer cups went, ahhhhhh, stupid fedex

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by binary visions
Those frame mount holes remind me.. Wonder when we'll see the frame mounted grind plates??
Got my Evil about two weeks ago (Gloss brown w/ yellow graphics :love: )

The evil site says the grind plates are available "June 2004"

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by dw

dw
I was going to say - that looks like weird bike frame box.

That frame looks sweet! You'll definitey be easily spotted while ripping it up on that Imperial Jay.

I'll be another to chime in and ask what the build up will look like. :cool:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by dhmtbj
so i guess that where my headset and reducer cups went, ahhhhhh, stupid fedex
Call up the office and we'll get you new ones out ASAP.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Booker
Got my Evil about two weeks ago (Gloss brown w/ yellow graphics :love: )

The evil site says the grind plates are available "June 2004"
Sweet! I think the gloss Brown is pretty hot looking too. All of the colors came out sweet, I have to say.

Im hoping earlier on the grind plates, but our laser cutter has flaked out on me lately, so we need to find a new manufacturer. We'll update the site when we get them in though.

Dave

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by dw
Its BOTH!! :D

haha
speed holes

Actually, that hole is on every Imperial since day 1. Originally we planned to offer bolt-on dropout kits that would let you keep the same geometry with 24 inch wheels. We also wanted to make a bolt-on grind guard for the dropout. Decided to go all the way and make the bolt ons like we had on the Imperial Alpha prototye frames and Seths 2002.9 14mm prototype, so we never made the kits.

dw
I'm gonna have to take a look at mine when I get home... I remember a small hole, but it wasn't nearly that big.

Anyway, if there's one thing I always said about my Imperial is that I wish it had speed holes...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
Dave, have all frames shipped? I'm going insane ever since my last one was stolen!
Im pretty sure, but thats a Tobler or John P question. I know they all have arrived, and that those guys have been killling it up there, so I'd be inclined to say yes! Let us know when you get it!

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by binary visions
I'm gonna have to take a look at mine when I get home... I remember a small hole, but it wasn't nearly that big.

Anyway, if there's one thing I always said about my Imperial is that I wish it had speed holes...
Easy to do with a pick axe or firearms!! :D

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
build will be pretty close to my old minuteman:

frame: imperial (duh)
fork: either a 2001 z.3 or a 2003 sherman flick
handlebar: easton ea70
stem: atomlab
brakes: hayes 6" hydros
cranks: fsa v-drive extremes or on-one retards
chainguide: e13
shifter: sram x7 trigger
derailleur: sram
wheels: XT/rhyno lite front and XT/ex721 rear
tires: hot s front(but with DH compound) and michelin comp 15 rear
headset: e13 reducer cups and matching FSA headset(that fedex lost)
grips: ODI S&M lock-ons

think that about covers it :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by dw
Easy to do with a pick axe or firearms!! :D
No no no, I want over-engineered, FEA speedholes. I want to know that I have the strongest, lightest speedholes around. I want my speedholes precision machined to 0.0001" tolerances.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

;)