Quantcast

some NE 2007 DH & DS Race Dates...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
They're beginning to trickle in...(compiled form various boards) -

MOUNT SNOW, VT DOWNHILL SERIES: (4 dates)
June 9-10
July 7-8
Aug. 18-19
Sept. 22-23

"We were stoked with our turnouts this year and the feedback from the courses we utilized! Be sure that both #2 & #3 race courses will be back!"

DUAL SLALOM NIGHTS: (3 dates)
"That's right we are moving our Dual Slalom Course to our a trail known as Mixing Bowl. This hill is located directly below the Grand Summit Hotel (the top is where the bike wash is stationed) and features a covered bridge moving carpet lift. No hiking, no piling into the back of trucks. Finish your race and relax as the lift brings you up. Oh yeah and the course will be lighted in case we run late in to the night.
We will run these events in conjunction with the final 3 Saturday nights of our DH Series."

DUAL SLALOM DATES:
July 7, 2007
August 18, 2007
September 22, 2007

USA CYCLING NATIONAL MOUNTAIN BIKE CHAMPIONSHIPS
July 17-22, 2006
Downhill, Dual Slalom, XC, Short Track, Observed Trials, Speed Trials, Vintage Bike Show, Demos, Concert & more.

----------------
WHITEFACE, NY:
3 races in 2007.
7-15, 9-2 & 10-7.
"We will once again offer cash payouts for pro's and great prizes for all others that make the podium. More on the races as things develop."

Opening on 6-22-07 for 7 days a week until our Labor Day race, then weekends only till 10-14-07.

-----------------
PLATTEKILL:

Our 2007 tentative race calendar will be posted shortly. Stay tuned...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I was just up at Mt Snow this morning doing some skiing. And re-confirmed my recollection that the hill the slalom course is supposed to be on is retardedly small. I have no idea how to build anything longer than a 10-12 second course on that hill.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
I was just up at Mt Snow this morning doing some skiing. And re-confirmed my recollection that the hill the slalom course is supposed to be on is retardedly small. I have no idea how to build anything longer than a 10-12 second course on that hill.

It might not be long but it is a pretty decent spot for it. If they start it out on the flats up top and carry it out almost to the parking lot at the bottom the length will be decent. They ran an old Trail 66 Slalom down there one year and it is still one of my favorite slalom courses of all time. With a few flat corners, a few berms, and some decent jumps I would be all about racing it again.