Quantcast

Some random riding shots from the last week

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I dont see how you get those good shots with a digital camera! You must have a really good shutter speed or something. Last time I tried a digital camera, sometime last week, there was about a 3-4 second delay after I pressed the button to take the pic. Out of over 15 tries I got one picture that was only OK at best. I'm just good with an SLR, I'll get mine back out soon.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
The work shovel lives.

For those of you that don't know, its a horrible shovel we stole from a construction site that the workers used to mix concrete. It was broken on a tree by T-Pirate... then fixed gloriously with duct tape.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by dwaugh
I dont see how you get those good shots with a digital camera! You must have a really good shutter speed or something. Last time I tried a digital camera, sometime last week, there was about a 3-4 second delay after I pressed the button to take the pic. Out of over 15 tries I got one picture that was only OK at best. I'm just good with an SLR, I'll get mine back out soon.
Try holding the button partway down, On my little digicam it makes it focus or do whatever it has to do before I want to take the picture.

Very nice work T-pirate!

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Try holding the button partway down, On my little digicam it makes it focus or do whatever it has to do before I want to take the picture.

Very nice work T-pirate!

Yeah that makes it way faster, sets all the auto stuff and focuses before you take the shot. I use full manual settings, so the camera is pretty fast when I use it. Almost SLR fast, but a little slower sometimes.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Cancer Dragon
The work shovel lives.

For those of you that don't know, its a horrible shovel we stole from a construction site that the workers used to mix concrete. It was broken on a tree by T-Pirate... then fixed gloriously with duct tape.
bad-ass!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by Motionboy2

Very nice work T-pirate!
For some reason I dont think that the camera I was using does that. Its a really nice camera, but I just dont remember it doing that, and I think I tried it to check if it did, I'll check again.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by Curiouscaptian01
yeah it is... we also have another tool we dub the Hammer stick. It is a metal pipe with a hammer head taped on the end. It truly is glorious.
I second this motion. Who knew duct tape and metal pieces could be so fun?